Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Going quietly about his business
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Going quietly about his business

This thread currently has 3,491 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
January 12, 2017, 7:22am
Guest User
It's often strange to see the reaction of supporters when they get excited about a player that comes in but then flatters to deceive. But it's even more intriguing to see the new player that comes in and quietly and efficiently goes about his business. For me Yussaf is that player.

Yussaf has pitched up at Grimsby and has played just one full game plus a second half bit-part substitute appearance. But he has slotted in brilliantly and gone about his business, getting two critical goals in that short window.

Because of the transfer window and concerns about Omar staying, we seem to of sort of overlooked just how well he has hit the floor running, and the excitement level is fairly low around him.

It's clear from his interview that he himself is a laid back and understated person, a quality that I really like.

But I think we might just have unearthed a real gem in Yussaf and I think he is going to be a really good acquisition.

Really looking forward to seeing more of him
BeijingMariner
January 12, 2017, 8:24am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
agree with everything you say
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Garth
January 12, 2017, 8:49am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Will Comley be available for Saturday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
grimsby pete
January 12, 2017, 8:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I have got a good feeling that Marcus and his management team know a  lot of good players similar to Adi,

Good times are ahead  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
TAGG
January 12, 2017, 9:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Good Recruitment seems to be the be all and end all for managers in our days.
Teams like West Ham & Palace have brought in numbers but no quality teams like Hull, Cheltenham & Leicester have basically stuck with what they had and are all doing crap.
IMO PH was by and large good with his recruitment so I hope MB is just as good.
If Adi is anything to go by we should be okay UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
Trawler
January 12, 2017, 9:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
His name is Yussuf, not Yussaf.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
HertsGTFC
January 12, 2017, 9:49am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from TAGG
Good Recruitment seems to be the be all and end all for managers in our days.
Teams like West Ham & Palace have brought in numbers but no quality teams like Hull, Cheltenham & Leicester have basically stuck with what they had and are all doing crap.
IMO PH was by and large good with his recruitment so I hope MB is just as good.
If Adi is anything to go by we should be okay UTM

Agree with this and the above but noting Leicester though their dealings have been iffy are in the knock out stages of the Champions league

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Chrisblor
January 12, 2017, 9:50am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,757
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Garth
Will Comley be available for Saturday?

As things stand, no. If QPR let us extend his loan before then (or sell him to us), yes.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
Mariner_09
January 12, 2017, 11:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Some clubs are good at investment. Southampton sell their best players every year but then churn out top 10 finishes every season after they spend wisely and make a shed load of profit through a fantastic youth system and buying players who aren't expensive but flourish, Mane for example cost them £6m, they sold him for £34m!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
HertsGTFC
January 12, 2017, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Chrisblor

As things stand, no. If QPR let us extend his loan before then (or sell him to us), yes.

Does anyone know is he still training with GTFC?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Going quietly about his business

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.