5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
January 12, 2017, 7:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
This is purely down to the success of Omar and the fact they feel they let him go on the cheap plus they are trying to get a bidding war going .. who can blame them tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
RoboCod
January 12, 2017, 8:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
The Omar factor is at work here, no doubt. It's rumbled on a bit now though, I do wonder if an actual bidding war is hppening/going to happen?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
HertsGTFC
January 12, 2017, 9:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from forza ivano

Hi Herts you are factually correct.even players at conference north/south have agents, although by no means all. I don't think we need to get too hung up over this.mb knows non league like the back of his hand and there are certainly many fish in the non league sea!

Yeah I agree talks of "bidding wars" for NL players who have never played in the FL feels really odd. I reckon we will soon see a take it or leave it move by GTFC so we can use the rest of the window to get another player in, I would be very surprised if Marcus & Gary Wilde don't have another choice in mind.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
Chris Packit
January 12, 2017, 12:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -143
You well-informed chaps probably know this already but when mb and mm left Solihull Moors they offered the manager's job to Gary Whild. He turned them down,possibly because he knew mb would offer him something at Grimsby. Could explain why they seem particularly miffed with us?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
RoboCod
January 12, 2017, 12:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Chris Packit
You well-informed chaps probably know this already but when mb and mm left Solihull Moors they offered the manager's job to Gary Whild. He turned them down,possibly because he knew mb would offer him something at Grimsby. Could explain why they seem particularly miffed with us?

Something along those lines I reckon. I don't recall anything like this from Bignot before, he's clearly irriitated by something in the background at Solihull. If that's the case then I can't see much problem with his outburst, where he goes from here is the test now. If the best deal we can offer is turned down, let's walk away and not mention it anymore.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
Madeleymariner
January 12, 2017, 12:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Perhaps its good that its not happening now, Osbourne is just coming back from an injury nice to see if he can play a couple of 90 mins without breaking down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus frustrated by his old club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.