ginnywings
January 11, 2017, 1:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from gtfc98
Can't say I've ever taking much of a liking to Notts County as a club and their fan base. They always seem to think they have some sort of sense of superiority and entitlement because they're the oldest club in the football league. They've behaved pretty disgracefully as a club for a while now, they deserve their stint in non league like we did!

Think you are probably right. I don't want to see them go to the wall, but a stint in non league may make them focus a bit more, just as it has done to us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 34
Marinerz93
January 11, 2017, 8:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I remember when we dropped into the abyss, a few comments from their fans laughing at our demise. Then there was the Lee Hughes goal celebration of him making a driving wheel gesture and laughing, he received no warnings or fines from County, no shame some clubs. County are a club that deserve non league because of that and the way their finances have been managed.

County are the first professional club, not the oldest, there are some clubs that are older such as Worksop Town FC, 1861.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 34
promotion plaice
January 11, 2017, 8:22pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Marinerz93
I remember when we dropped into the abyss, a few comments from their fans laughing at our demise. Then there was the Lee Hughes goal celebration of him making a driving wheel gesture and laughing, he received warnings or fines from County, no shame some clubs. County are a club that deserve non league because of that and the way their finances have been managed.

County are the first professional club, not the oldest, there are some clubs that are older such as Worksop Town FC, 1861.

Even Sheffield F.C,   1857            

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 34
ginnywings
January 11, 2017, 8:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Sheffield FC are the oldest club but i think Notts County are the oldest football league club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 34
Marinerz93
January 11, 2017, 8:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Quoted from ginnywings
Sheffield FC are the oldest club but i think Notts County are the oldest football league club.

For now  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 34
ginnywings
January 11, 2017, 8:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Marinerz93

For now  

True enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 34
HackneyHaddock
January 11, 2017, 8:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Little disappointing they seem to have survived administration.  A points deduction would have helped anchor them at the bottom and probably condemned them to non-league.  Any club that signs an unrepentant Lee Hughes and revels in our relegation has no sympathy from me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 34
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2017, 9:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,637
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from barralad

I have friends who are County S/T holders and others who work for them who really fear this is the beginning of the end for them. A lot of genuine County fans weren't happy when all the shenanigans with Ericson etc. were going on believing it would end in tears. I've always had a soft spot for County. It would've been easy for their fans to have jumped on the Forest bandwagon in the 80s/90s but they inspire the same kind of loyalty Town do.

Seem to remember one Gary Lund doing really well on telly in a Notts County shirt in a cup tie in the late 80s. This has been on the cards now for a while I think, the game in general needs better checks and balances to ensure that this does not happen.. There are corporate governance  in the business world and it appears no rules in the football world................very sad for their fans as this feels like another administration, points deduction and non league relegation............... frustratingly it might keep fuckin Cheltenham up!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 34
KingstonMariner
January 11, 2017, 9:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I'm not at all sad for their fans if they go down the pan financially. They (or at least their Trust members) voted to flog/give the club to the consortium that brought Sven in and got them into a financial mess last time.

The FANS owned the club, chose to give it away to some consortium they knew naff all about. I know the current (or is it previous now?) owners are not the same people as the consortium, but the fans unleashed this themselves (having taken over the club in a rescue from an earlier debacle.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 34
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2017, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,637
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I'm not at all sad for their fans if they go down the pan financially. They (or at least their Trust members) voted to flog/give the club to the consortium that brought Sven in and got them into a financial mess last time.

The FANS owned the club, chose to give it away to some consortium they knew naff all about. I know the current (or is it previous now?) owners are not the same people as the consortium, but the fans unleashed this themselves (having taken over the club in a rescue from an earlier debacle.

I am not sure every fan chose the option you describe above.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts County

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.