4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
psgmariner
January 11, 2017, 11:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Hardy saying he will give definitive news on whether the takeover is going through by noon today. The alternative would appear to be administration. I think Notts County get a free HMRC  t- shirt if they go in to admin again.

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
ginnywings
January 11, 2017, 11:28am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from psgmariner
Hardy saying he will give definitive news on whether the takeover is going through by noon today. The alternative would appear to be administration. I think Notts County get a free HMRC  t- shirt if they go in to admin again.

I think they qualify for a frequent user discount by now.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
Chris Packit
January 11, 2017, 11:39am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -143
The current dispute involves an
English owner and an English would-be owner arguing over a debt owed to the estate of a deceased benefactor who was a local man. It has been an issue since the Munto Finance days. The Haydn Green Trust does a lot of good work around Nottingham and only County have abused their generosity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
Cloudy
January 11, 2017, 11:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from ginnywings
The league should be far more stringent than they are at present with who is allowed to own a club and there could and should be some sort of financial and strategic team set up to help clubs in this sort of state. More should be done financially and with management planning to help, instead of this situation where clubs are constantly scrambling to make ends meet.

In football, as in society in general, there is enough money to go round, but those at the top make the rules allowing them to keep most of it to the detriment of others.

i agree but the major reason why clubs are 'scrambling around trying to make ends meet' is because they overspend in chasing the dream. Trying to keep up with the joneses is the biggest issue. One sugar daddy makes the playing field very uneven and lots more try to keep up.

Sad state of affairs
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Southwark Mariner
January 11, 2017, 11:40am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
I have an HM Customs and Excise mouse mat. True Story.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
ginnywings
January 11, 2017, 11:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Cloudy

i agree but the major reason why clubs are 'scrambling around trying to make ends meet' is because they overspend in chasing the dream. Trying to keep up with the joneses is the biggest issue. One sugar daddy makes the playing field very uneven and lots more try to keep up.

Sad state of affairs

Yeah, you're right, because for all the powers that be hot air about fit and proper ownership and clubs only being allowed to spend what they bring in, they don't enforce those rules stringently enough. They need to do more to remove the dog eat dog element prevalent in the game.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
barralad
January 11, 2017, 12:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Civvy at last
As with any club. There will loyal supporters (just like ours) that are suffering with this.
One minute they have new backers, ex England manager, etc etc.  Next, they are in deep sh1t.
They are the ones I feel sorry for.  As a club, it has been run appallingly, so no sympathy for the fat cats.
But I do sympathise with the genuine fans.

I have friends who are County S/T holders and others who work for them who really fear this is the beginning of the end for them. A lot of genuine County fans weren't happy when all the shenanigans with Ericson etc. were going on believing it would end in tears. I've always had a soft spot for County. It would've been easy for their fans to have jumped on the Forest bandwagon in the 80s/90s but they inspire the same kind of loyalty Town do.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
psgmariner
January 11, 2017, 12:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
ginnywings
January 11, 2017, 12:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Deal done, good for the club. 'Til the next time.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
gtfc98
January 11, 2017, 12:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Can't say I've ever taking much of a liking to Notts County as a club and their fan base. They always seem to think they have some sort of sense of superiority and entitlement because they're the oldest club in the football league. They've behaved pretty disgracefully as a club for a while now, they deserve their stint in non league like we did!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.