Posh Harry
January 9, 2017, 3:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Hi all

As an exile I wanted to go to the Stevenage game but nothing showing on town website or Twitter about tickets.

Called today and town are expecting 700 tickets later this week. I don't know (as I am not one) but I assume they will be for season ticket holders at least initially and with this being a game that people can get to on the train then I would expect us to sell out.

I looked on Stevenage website and it directed me to http://www.borotickets.co.uk. You can book tickets now for the game which I have done, so an opportunity for those exiles among use to get to an away game and I know there are lots of you in the south and London that would want to go. The max you can book online is 6 and I needed 10 so I called the club on 01438 223223. Ticket office is option 4 but it is also the club shop so could be busy. I tried a few times and got no answer so called the main line and someone sent them an email for me and a nice lady called Janet called back within 5 mins. Very friendly and very efficient, she booked over the telephone and is sending them through the post (£2.50 charge and need signing for on delivery).

The website is easy to view and you can choose your tickets in one of 2 blocks that they currently have available, the greyed out seats are the tickets being sent to the club so you can only book in blocks d and e (note e is the family block).

Cost is £22 for adult as it is a cat A game and discount already applied and under 16 £10 and under 12 £8.

Hope that is useful for some of you exiles. Look forward to seeing you all there.

UTFM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cloudy
January 9, 2017, 3:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
So an exile can get 10 tickets yet a season ticket holder can't? Bit of role reversal?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 161
nigelh
January 9, 2017, 4:31pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +31
According to the [url=http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/broadhall-way-stevenage.html]football ground guide[/url], the away end holds  up to 1,400 supporters and part of the Main Stand can also be given to visiting supporters, bringing the total allocation up to 2,000.
I wouldn't think  we would need more than that.
Having said that, even  if it's not all-ticket, I may well get  one from the Stevenage site to save aggrevation on the day
Thanks for the heads-up Posh Harry

.....................n
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 161
moosey_club
January 9, 2017, 4:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,132
Gold Stars: 220
Nice work PH......splutter splutter cough cough...for clarification ... Posh Harry  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 161
marinernige
January 9, 2017, 6:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from nigelh
According to the [url=http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-two/broadhall-way-stevenage.html]football ground guide[/url], the away end holds  up to 1,400 supporters and part of the Main Stand can also be given to visiting supporters, bringing the total allocation up to 2,000.
I wouldn't think  we would need more than that.
Having said that, even  if it's not all-ticket, I may well get  one from the Stevenage site to save aggrevation on the day
Thanks for the heads-up Posh Harry

Think we may sell all our possible allocation (2000) its a new ground for us , 'town' are going well , everyone's loving the away days .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 161
Mariner_09
January 9, 2017, 6:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Suspect it'll be 4 figures who go, London exiles and people like me who haven't been before.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 161
marinernige
January 9, 2017, 6:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +578
Gold Stars: 17
Town have never played there , so most , if not all town fans have never been there .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 161
HertsGTFC
January 9, 2017, 6:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from marinernige
Town have never played there , so most , if not all town fans have never been there .

I've been a few times, its a small ground and the away end is possibly the best stand. Don't park in the car park across the road though as it takes ages to get out, there is parking in the near by retail parks some are controlled some are not.

There are three pubs close to the ground that are usually away friendly but that may change when they see the volume of town fans coming. I would drink closer to the ground than in the Towncentre as anything that looks like a football crowd in that part of town will send the locals into meltdown.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 161
Grantham_Mariner
January 9, 2017, 6:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,125
Gold Stars: 47
Match Tickets booked.
Train Tickets booked (8 week ago).
New Ground.

Can't wait..............

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 161
Southernboy
January 9, 2017, 7:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
Excellent thanks for the heads up - 6 or 7 for us Reading/Stevenage Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 161
17 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stevenage Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.