Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 367 Guests

Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne

This thread currently has 41,529 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 12, 2017, 11:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Cloudy
Seems that lovely club Gateshead and their manager arent happy with GTFC

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....53-detail/story.html

'I am not prepared to deal with Grimsby'

Again the manager of poorly supported tin pot non league club displays their jealously that we invested in Omar's talent (in time and money) and could now possibly reap the rewards.

Aspin & Gateshead are just sniffing that we might have some cash and chancing their luck, what the possible sale of Omar Bogle has to do with buying a player from a p1ss poor non league outfit I will never know................ He's a moron clearly!

If the Gateshead board want to a deal for cash there is sweet FA their manager will be able to do about it, they have form on this apparently.

They don't like us we don't like them, we are in the FL they are not

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 184
ginnywings
January 12, 2017, 11:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Won't load on my PC for some reason, so none the wiser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 184
Cloudy
January 12, 2017, 11:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from chaos33
He's essentially right though, like it or not.

Is he?

According to reports Rotherham put a bid in for £850k which Town declined. Dont remember reading or hearing JF or MB naming the club, calling it derisory or refusing to deal with Rotherham in the future?

Maybe we did make a bid, remembering that the player is now in the last few months of his contract and is playing in non league. We arent going to be offering £100k are we? £10-15k tops I'd have thought.

I didnt like MB's outburst re other clubs holding back their players and I dont like Aspin's outburst either. Is he allowed to name GTFC?

I got slagged in another thread for stating I know a player at Gateshead but i will add that the same player had said he thought  Aspin was for the chop before they won 4-1 on NYE v Barrow. Maybe under a lot of pressure, certainly sounds like it!
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 184
HertsGTFC
January 12, 2017, 11:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Cloudy

Is he?

According to reports Rotherham put a bid in for £850k which Town declined. Dont remember reading or hearing JF or MB naming the club, calling it derisory or refusing to deal with Rotherham in the future?

Maybe we did make a bid, remembering that the player is now in the last few months of his contract and is playing in non league. We arent going to be offering £100k are we? £10-15k tops I'd have thought.

I didnt like MB's outburst re other clubs holding back their players and I dont like Aspin's outburst either. Is he allowed to name GTFC?

I got slagged in another thread for stating I know a player at Gateshead but i will add that the same player had said he thought  Aspin was for the chop before they won 4-1 on NYE v Barrow. Maybe under a lot of pressure, certainly sounds like it!

Its all the hypocrisy of football mate, most of the people in the game are as bad as each other in one way or another.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 184
Hagrid
January 12, 2017, 11:55am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
urine off gateshead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 184
Mariner_09
January 12, 2017, 11:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Football people talk rubbish, listen to some of MB's interviews, he can't give a straight answer to save his life. Like I said, if they want to not negotiate and let him sign for us for nothing in the summer then by all means allow us to, we are in no danger of going down, we could easily push on next season as all these targets we have are out of contract in the summer.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 184
LH
January 12, 2017, 12:05pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
What if we did put in a (really) low offer for Gateshead to negotiate a better one? It has been known of GTFC in recent times...
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 184
Cloudy
January 12, 2017, 12:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from LH
What if we did put in a (really) low offer for Gateshead to negotiate a better one? It has been known of GTFC in recent times...

I fully expect this to have been the case
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 184
mariner91
January 12, 2017, 12:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Cloudy

Is he?

He's on a two year contract.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 184
Bradford Mariner
January 12, 2017, 12:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Perhaps he applied for town job and didn't get a response

Funnily enough, at the time of MB's appointment, I was told by a Town insider that Aspin had indeed been in for the job and had taken rejection very badly so I'm not at all surprised about his reported reaction.

On a general point, I think there's a danger we don't get any of the targets we're in for now we've shown our hand so early in the window.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 184
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.