Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 296 Guests

Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne

This thread currently has 41,643 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 11, 2017, 3:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Mariner_09
Hurst often had a go during windows, especially at agents but never specified who and which clubs, the only thing Hurst was indiscreet about was the ear-cupping after Nath's goal at Wembley, for all I supported him I found that a bit distasteful. I'm not sure these are the wisest words to utter but if it comes off it'll have been a masterstroke.

I thought this thread was about recruiting players not dragging up "old baggage" about what previous managers did after winning a game, can't see how the ear cupping this is relevant to this discussion...........In fact its getting a bit boring now.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 184
chaos33
January 11, 2017, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
Sam Jones scored again for Gateshead today in their friendly with Kilmarnock.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 184
forza ivano
January 12, 2017, 12:31am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Hertsmariner
I'm not even sure how a club puts a value on a player. Rather like a house for sale at a notional price, in the end the house/player is sold for whatever a buyer is prepared to pay. The difference is that a house always has some value provided that it remains intact. However, with the Bosman rule or even a career-ending injury, this is not the case with a player. Should Osborne be on a contract until the end of the present season and decline, or not be offered, a new one, he will be a free agent in May/June and the club will receive zilch. In the present case, if the Solihull valuation is higher than any club is prepared to pay in January, they may well receive zilch in the summer anyway. Assuming Marcus is quite prepared to play 'hardball' over this, perhaps he should give/may already have given Solihull a deadline date for their decision and walk away if Town's valuation does not match theirs. It is possible that Osborne may then refuse a move to another club even if another bidder is prepared to pay the valuation price and walk away in disgust in the summer. Solihull are clearly playing a risky game and may well have an extremely unhappy and de-motivated player on their hands over the next few months.  

What is easy to forget , now hat we have left the hell hole of non league, is how many non league players 'follow the manager' . It is so very common at non league level for a manager to leave and take half a dozen players with him even up to southern prem or to a certain extent the level below the conference. If Bignot and his team have a good name non league players will follow, especially if they are treated fairly and given a chance

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 184
Grantham_Mariner
January 12, 2017, 9:14am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,177
Gold Stars: 50
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/accommodation-required-3513282.aspx

Can't sign anone until we get accomodation sorted !    

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 184
Cloudy
January 12, 2017, 11:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Seems that lovely club Gateshead and their manager arent happy with GTFC

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....53-detail/story.html

'I am not prepared to deal with Grimsby'
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 184
Mariner_09
January 12, 2017, 11:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Aspin, moaning long ball merchant.

Gateshead, a bunch of jealous fans in Newcastle's shadow, who I hate more than any other Conference club bar FGR for their pathetic diving, the way Craig Baxter launched himself up in the air and screamed after Scott Neilson dared to go near him and previously smug and arrogant manager Mills, a despicable individual with no integrity and coaches his players to dive and win dirty, despite his label as a man who plays good football.

We can laugh when he signs for us for free in the summer then along with Jamey Osborne.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 184
dapperz fun pub
January 12, 2017, 11:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Cloudy
Seems that lovely club Gateshead and their manager arent happy with GTFC

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....53-detail/story.html

'I am not prepared to deal with Grimsby'

Perhaps he applied for town job and didn't get a response
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 184
chaos33
January 12, 2017, 11:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,870
Gold Stars: 353
He's essentially right though, like it or not.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 184
RoboCod
January 12, 2017, 11:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
"I'm not prepared to deal with Grimsby. When I told the player what they had offered he laughed, which says it all."

Hope that's true Aspin, or you'll have some explaining to do for dragging a player into your little tirade.
The Bogle factor at work again, everyone assumes he's going for XX Million so they want a slice of it, regardless of what he goes for, if indeed he does go. Shouldn't someone on the board at Gateshead be making this statement anyway?

Yes, there's every chance that Town went in low, we've had Fenty knock back clubs and call the offer 'derisory' but I've never known him, nor the Town manager at the time shut the door on that club and tell them never to try attempting the club ever again. How professional.  It's the oldest tactic in the book to start low, up the bid, hence why negotiations drag out, at every level of football.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 184
Cloudy
January 12, 2017, 11:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Perhaps he applied for town job and didn't get a response

I actually thought the same thing!!
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 184
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.