Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 234 Guests

Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne

This thread currently has 41,631 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
January 8, 2017, 10:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,879
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm not sure that is true. His last minute signings in the transfer windows always seemed poor panic buys because there were gaps remaining in our squad and he felt that he had to fill them, like last minute Xmas stocking fillers. Either that or he was an inconsistent judge of a player.

Anyway, don't have to worry about that now. Enjoying us being more proactive this January.

Agree, but needs to be recognised that MB has the weight of being an EFL club manger and  possibly has a few more quid to play with (nothing major but enough) to be able to shop earlier on his side. 5000+ gates make a small difference I am sure.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 184
Bigdog
January 8, 2017, 11:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree, but needs to be recognised that MB has the weight of being an EFL club manger and  possibly has a few more quid to play with (nothing major but enough) to be able to shop earlier on his side. 5000+ gates make a small difference I am sure.

I would still argue that Hurst had more spending power comparatively as a top budget Conference manager than MB has as a mid table (?) budget manager in League Two. Not as much cash wise but more power when compared level to level of league ie bigger fish for the respective division. More of a comparison between the two manager's approaches to transfer windows can still be made rather than player for player, as like you say, we are now a league club.

Having said that PH was in MB's current position budget wise in the summer and look who we brought in last minute, Tuton and Vernon...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 184
mariner91
January 10, 2017, 12:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Somebody on the Solihull forum suggesting that it's a done deal for both Asante and Osborne and there is to be an announcement today (Tuesday). Guess we'll find out in due course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 184
gtfc98
January 10, 2017, 7:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
I got told last week Osborne was done. Seemed to have been trying to add Asante and Omar's sell on clause which has held up the deal.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 184
H19P1
January 10, 2017, 7:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
Dawn of a new era for GTFC the goosebumps at the thought of it.

I'm positive for exciting times ahead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 184
zorro_is_a_Mariner
January 10, 2017, 8:01am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
We seem to be taking a lot of players on trial from the birmingham area which is a good thing, if there good enough it benifits us and if not then no worries. A lot more going on since we have wilde in the staff now.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 184
Garth
January 10, 2017, 8:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from H19P1
Dawn of a new era for GTFC the goosebumps at the thought of it.

I'm positive for exciting times ahead

Woh! We're talking non league player acquisition here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 184
HertsGTFC
January 10, 2017, 8:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

I would still argue that Hurst had more spending power comparatively as a top budget Conference manager than MB has as a mid table (?) budget manager in League Two. Not as much cash wise but more power when compared level to level of league ie bigger fish for the respective division. More of a comparison between the two manager's approaches to transfer windows can still be made rather than player for player, as like you say, we are now a league club.

Having said that PH was in MB's current position budget wise in the summer and look who we brought in last minute, Tuton and Vernon...

Sorry I forgot the new Fishy rule........................to participate on this board you cannot give the manager who got us up any credit. PH actually signed players from FL clubs (for free) e.g. Podge Amond amongst others. How many fees did we pay for players in the last 3 seasons?

I like Marcus he's a positive appointment and is what feels like starting a good run, I was never too keen on PH both how he came across in the media and n the pitch but we need to get over this everything Marcus does is great and everything PH did was wrong crap as it's getting a bit boring TBH. Yusseff apart the players that have done well for Marcus recently where actually brought in by someone else.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 184
cleethorpes_mariner
January 10, 2017, 11:19am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +313
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Sorry I forgot the new Fishy rule........................to participate on this board you cannot give the manager who got us up any credit. PH actually signed players from FL clubs (for free) e.g. Podge Amond amongst others. How many fees did we pay for players in the last 3 seasons?

I like Marcus he's a positive appointment and is what feels like starting a good run, I was never too keen on PH both how he came across in the media and n the pitch but we need to get over this everything Marcus does is great and everything PH did was wrong crap as it's getting a bit boring TBH. Yusseff apart the players that have done well for Marcus recently where actually brought in by someone else.

To be fair he has had no choice as he came in during the closed season and has only had chance to bring in the one player mentioned. Bignot did have the balls to play the young keeper that PH never did.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 184
HertsGTFC
January 10, 2017, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker

To be fair he has had no choice as he came in during the closed season and has only had chance to bring in the one player mentioned. Bignot did have the balls to play the young keeper that PH never did.

As I said I did not like a lot of what PH did on the pitch and not bringing on youth was one of them, but the threads where about brining in players and not selection TBH.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 184
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sam Jones, Asante and Osborne

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.