1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
joe56
January 3, 2017, 3:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 3
I thought Kevin Drinkell's contribution as the pundit on RH yesterday was excellent. As a top class striker himself, he had a lot of sympathy for our front men who he felt were getting poor service. For much of the game, he felt that the high balls forward were putting defenders at an advantage, and that they really needed to be dropped 2 or 3 yards short of the receiver. It was especially interesting that he described Scott Vernon as a "player's player" whose contribution is under appreciated by the fans. Although inevitably impressed by Omar, he seemed to rate Sean Pearson's performance as outstanding.
Logged Offline
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
January 3, 2017, 4:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Got to agree, Drinkell was fantastic, especially just before our 2nd as he was making a comment on thier keeper and what he would do, followed up immediately by Town doing exactly as he said

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
ginnywings
January 3, 2017, 4:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Yes, he was uncannily correct on a lot of things but that shows what a good football brain he has.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
chaos33
January 3, 2017, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
He was my first Grimsby Town hero  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
psgmariner
January 3, 2017, 7:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Yep he impressed me as well. Obviously knows his stuff when it comes to strikers hav

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
promotion plaice
January 3, 2017, 7:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from ginnywings
Yes, he was uncannily correct on a lot of things but that shows what a good football brain he has.

Impressive considering he has managed in Scotland    

Seriously though Kevin  Drinkell is my all time favourite player in a Town shirt.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
stevethefish
January 3, 2017, 7:38pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +773
Gold Stars: 66
Hugely astute commentary which I really enjoyed. Very down to earth guy who now sells Mercedes!

I teased all my Norwich colleagues in Suffolk at work today about that - saying they are so tight they didn't sort him out.

I suspect Ryan Bennett will not be doing that. How football has changed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Kevin Drinkell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.