ginnywings
January 2, 2017, 6:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from friskneymariner
Appleby lovely little station,pity you are going over one of the most scenic lines in the country in the dark.

Was on that line in the summer, it's stunning. Take it the stretch to Carlisle is still closed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
MarinerWY
January 2, 2017, 6:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
"Appleby lovely little station,pity you are going over one of the most scenic lines in the country in the dark"

Luckily I came up on the train morning, clear blue skies, you're right its a stunning journey. Had to stop myself getting off and heading up Pen-y-ghent.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
MarinerWY
January 2, 2017, 6:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
"Was on that line in the summer, it's stunning. Take it the stretch to Carlisle is still closed?"

Yeah but past the stunning Yorkshire Dales stretch. I changed at armanthwaite for a 30 min bus ride. Still be nice when they fix the whole line, think that's due for March this year.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
Tommy
January 2, 2017, 7:30pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Can anyone confirm was Davies in midfield with Disley?

I've heard Tondeur saying Comley was sitting in front of the back 3 so assume it was Davies in midfield and Mills right wing-back?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
Mariner_09
January 2, 2017, 7:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I think JT kept saying Mills was in midfield with Davies at RWB

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
Skrill
January 2, 2017, 7:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Mills in midfield? Wonder if MB will keep him in midfield for hartlepool

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
Magsinrio
January 2, 2017, 7:49pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +220
Gold Stars: 2
Well donen Marcus Bignob. Great result today for you and the tream and the fans. Been a bit of negativity the last couple of weeks on here but hope this should stop some of it. People forget that he has had a real difficult run of games since he took over with nearly all of them being in the top 5 or 6 when we played them. Add to that we travelled to the west country 3 times and now a long one to carlisle I think he has done pretty well with what he has. However, the biggest plus for me is his enthusiasm and humour that comes across in the interviews. he really does seem to be a peoples person which I am sure will help the team as a unit long term.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
dapperz fun pub
January 2, 2017, 7:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Fair play Marcus against Blackpool I couldn't see the plan today it seems you started with a plan it sort of worked but then changed it to go for the win, credit were credits due
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
oochiad
January 2, 2017, 8:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
Had a great day, sang my heart out with our fans. Only thing that drunk me off was reading the opening comments on the match thread regarding team selection..........UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Magsinrio
January 2, 2017, 8:16pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +220
Gold Stars: 2
In fairness to him dapperz in his post match interview after Blackpool he did say he likes to make the changes if its not going to plan (plan A) but he couldn't because by half time he had to make two subs through injury and therefore couldn't risk a third in case another injury came along and we went down to 10 men. It doies appear that he is a lot more willing and prepared to ring the changes earlier than PH would, you could almost set your clock by his subs. Similarly today he made quite a lot of changes  from Blackpool even though many doubted his wisdom once the team was announced today. I think it is sometimes wrong for people to just slate the manager for the changes he makes when in reality he  made the adjustments in respect of how he anticipated our opponents would play based on his research of them. I think people just see it as changes because it didn't work last time or because he doesn't know his best team rather than trysting him to make the decisions based on proper research.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back *merged*

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.