3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
January 1, 2017, 3:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Jack signed by League 1 Bury. Really not good enough and they must be really panicking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Paris Mariner
January 1, 2017, 4:21pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
How about well done Jack MacKreth? Another player who has passed through our club and gone onto (at the moment) better things. It reflects well on us and is great for the man himself - he's going to play in the third tier of English football for the next four months at least. Good luck to him - I wish I was a professional footballer.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 20
monkeyboy
January 1, 2017, 4:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Paris Mariner
How about well done Jack MacKreth? Another player who has passed through our club and gone onto (at the moment) better things. It reflects well on us and is great for the man himself - he's going to play in the third tier of English football for the next four months at least. Good luck to him - I wish I was a professional footballer.

Yes well done Jack, no disrespect at all really but in my humble opinion he was gash!. nice lad though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2017, 4:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from monkeyboy

Yes well done Jack, no disrespect at all really but in my humble opinion he was gash!. nice lad though.

I can't remember where it was but we where away one week and the fans where singing "he's small he's scouce he'll rob your fuckin house Jack McKreth...........Jack McKreth" which made him laugh. Also I remember him getting involved with in a kick about with the lads in wigs and kits on the pitch at Borehamwood last year at half time when they invaded the pitch...............So someone who does not take himself too seriously deserves some success I reckon.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
HackneyHaddock
January 1, 2017, 4:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
The footballer's career at this level is an uncertain and precarious one and I wouldn't begrudge him a move up the pyramid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
wembley_double98
January 1, 2017, 5:11pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +154
Good luck to the lad, i will always thank him for that great performance away to Barnet in our 3-1 win, inflatable day!
What a day that was
Good on you Jack
UTM

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity.
The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
RichMariner
January 1, 2017, 5:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Jack was (or is) pretty lightweight for non-league. You don't have to match his pace to take him out of the game; all you have to do is block him off, and you've won your contest.

So maybe he'll flourish in League 1, where you're not bullied and barged so much.

He was having a good season for Macclesfield and he obviously caught the eye of Bury, just like he caught our eye a few years ago (and I seem to remember us being very pleased when he originally signed in 2014 - the pace we'd been crying out for).

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
UTMariners
January 1, 2017, 6:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 6
Really nice lad but will be very surprised if he cuts it in League 1- didnt think he was good enough for us in the Conference, but best of luck to him.

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Madeleymariner
January 1, 2017, 7:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Could it be that Hurst just cramped these pl;ayers natural abilities as a few seem to have been deemed not good enough for us in the conference, but playing in Lge 1 and 2
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Mrs Doyle
January 1, 2017, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Jack was a good lad always had a bit of banter with the lower findus great move for him I thought he was shackled by Hursts policies.

Always remember that screamer when he cut inside against Gateshead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZF62WA04hU
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Mackreff to league 1

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.