Roast Em Bobby
January 1, 2017, 11:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from denni266
Tbh, i dont think he has brought anything to the team so far . we have lost our attacking spirit , and i think its what he has done more than the players he has, still i will wait like most are to see what happens when he gets a few of his own players in, He is a good talker but that dont win games , and its winning  games that counts in the end

my thoughts exactly, tbh I think he's full of sh1t, he constantly contradicts himself in interviews - one minute we've offered Omar a new contract the next we are just talking about it, in one interview he said we didn't need to offer Collins a renewal because it kicked in automatically the next minute we've offered him a new contract, says he likes making subs but then never makes hardly any, says he wants to play a high press and yet no evidence whatsoever of even trying it in games, says vose had a good game yesterday when he clearly didn't (and god knows why did he started with chambers up front and vose on the wing yesterday).

Hope I'm wrong and I'll keep supporting the team but my gut feel based on his interviews and the games I've seen (most of them) is that what he says and what he does are two different things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
oldun
January 1, 2017, 11:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Although put in his own way I think he very much sees it as we fans see it. Need to be better in midfield and up top. Need to be more creative so we get chances and need more firepower. Seems happy with us defensively for the time being. Gave Dom Vose some encouragement for his creative skill, probably his way of motivating him.He may not be able to sort all of the deficiencies out in this window due to budget limitations but he and his colleagues are already planning for the summer. He did stress he inherited the current squad and he is getting an idea of what they can do. He also said it had taken 6 years for the club to get promoted to the league, so things can take a while! I don't think we can argue with any of that. Let him get on with it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
jonnyboy82
January 1, 2017, 11:33am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Talks the best game i have ever heard.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
oldun
January 1, 2017, 11:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Talks the best game i have ever heard.

would you rather listen to PH?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
HertsGTFC
January 1, 2017, 11:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from oldun
Although put in his own way I think he very much sees it as we fans see it. Need to be better in midfield and up top. Need to be more creative so we get chances and need more firepower. Seems happy with us defensively for the time being. Gave Dom Vose some encouragement for his creative skill, probably his way of motivating him.He may not be able to sort all of the deficiencies out in this window due to budget limitations but he and his colleagues are already planning for the summer. He did stress he inherited the current squad and he is getting an idea of what they can do. He also said it had taken 6 years for the club to get promoted to the league, so things can take a while! I don't think we can argue with any of that. Let him get on with it.

I don't disagree but why did he leave the "creative" Vose out wide he should have been in the middle behind Omar and Chambers & Jackson who both have pace could have taken the wide berths.

In his interviews there is an under current suggesting he cant move forward until he gets the players he wants well to a degree I am sure that is true but we have limited means so why is he not talking about doing the best he can with what he has? Feels like he's already covering his backside by siting the players he inherited as the issue for what can at best be described as a mixed start for him.      

Under MB or PH this was always going to be a season of transition but like I said on a previous post he needs to balance pragmatism & idealism maybe we will see that tomorrow with a clean sheet at Carlisle?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
jonnyboy82
January 1, 2017, 11:47am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from oldun

would you rather listen to PH?

My comment has nowt to do with hurst , all im saying is he talks a very good game.

Lets hope after the time he needs it comes off on the pitch too.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
Mariner_09
January 1, 2017, 11:52am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
On Jackson he looks out of his depth, lightweight, has no footballing brain and utterly devoid of confidence.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
Mariner_09
January 1, 2017, 11:53am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I would rather listen to Hursty, he spoke sense and didn't contradict himself and he could answer the question given.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
ginnywings
January 1, 2017, 12:36pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
I'm surprised that people are already questioning  MB after only 8 weeks in the job. He may turn out to be another Mike Newell or he could turn out to be another Buckley, we have no idea at this early stage. He has clearly stated his intentions and we now have to wait and see what his team looks like when he has had more than a handful of games and time to recruit what he sees as the players he feels can deliver. Would Hurst have fared any better with these players? I think we are doing ok in our first season back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
Mariner93er
January 1, 2017, 12:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
To be honest, we had very little attacking intent when he joined us, so not much has changed. I actually think we look better defensively now than we did under hurst, so maybe who's simply trying to manage results until he can get his own players in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.