This thread currently has 7,547 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TheCodfather1966
January 1, 2017, 1:32am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: -633
I tend to agree with Alan Buckley more about MB so far, in that it is very unclear what MB has brought to the club so far in terms of his footballing style, tactics and overall game plan.  One thing is for sure, if we play like we have been playing away at Carlisle, we will get hammered.  We offer nothing up front at all, and we cannot base 90 minutes upon keeping the home team at bay.  Carlisle are a sharp attacking team and will take us to bits I fear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
denni266
January 1, 2017, 1:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Tbh, i dont think he has brought anything to the team so far . we have lost our attacking spirit , and i think its what he has done more than the players he has, still i will wait like most are to see what happens when he gets a few of his own players in, He is a good talker but that dont win games , and its winning  games that counts in the end
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
Tommy
January 1, 2017, 8:57am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from denni266
Tbh, i dont think he has brought anything to the team so far . we have lost our attacking spirit , and i think its what he has done more than the players he has, still i will wait like most are to see what happens when he gets a few of his own players in, He is a good talker but that dont win games , and its winning  games that counts in the end

That only seems to apply when we don't win on this forum. Last week we won but the reaction to the 'average' performance on here was as if we'd been battered 0-4.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
Davec
January 1, 2017, 9:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Why do people think Browne will never play again

Yes he's not had much look in, remember he got injured in pre season, then got a knock again, he's had quite an injury prone start of the season, which is strange because to my knowledge he's not prone to too many injuries, just unlucky I guess, so whilst he's injured he obviously match fitness, since Hurst left he's been getting more of a chance so there are some signs that he will become more involved in the future, but he can't atm because he's on compassionate leave
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
mariner91
January 1, 2017, 9:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from Davec

Yes he's not had much look in, remember he got injured in pre season, then got a knock again, he's had quite an injury prone start of the season, which is strange because to my knowledge he's not prone to too many injuries, just unlucky I guess, so whilst he's injured he obviously match fitness, since Hurst left he's been getting more of a chance so there are some signs that he will become more involved in the future, but he can't atm because he's on compassionate leave

Aye with your in depth knowledge of his medical history  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
Davec
January 1, 2017, 9:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Mariner91

No I never claimed that, I'm just basing it on the fact I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that he's injured much, in most cases when a player is Injury prone we hear about it, like Charles Ademeno and Pittman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
Hagrid
January 1, 2017, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from Davec

What knowledge is that?! You'd never have heard of him till we signed him. Despite some injuries, 2 managers have seen fit to not play him for one reason or another, i very much doubt that will change, which may well be a shame as the brief glimpses ive seen i liked but we may not see what goes on in training and beyond
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
Garth
January 1, 2017, 10:07am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Probably home sick pre Xmas, would like to see him back soon whatever
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
Mrs Doyle
January 1, 2017, 10:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
On hearing that he sounded like a very frustrated man with a lot on his mind. Don't think he is happy with the lack of creativity in the squad and he is not alone on that one.

He is a very honest guy that comes through in spades but if we thought Hurst struggled to find is best eleven Marcus is not finding it any easier albeit he as only been here a few weeks.

He makes complete sense when he mentions players needing to do more OFF the ball something that goads me when I see Danny Andrew say not having an attacking outlet down the flank available etc.

The midfield seem devoid of vision and ideas this is where he thinks Vose should be the play maker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
moosey_club
January 1, 2017, 11:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Davec

because MB has just done an interview where he says the group doesnt have the creativity he wants and he is intending recruiting in that area ie the new signing.  Now if i could categorise Browne it wouldnt be in the defensive tough tackling category, it would be as a creative individual player, again MB like Hurst, expects his creative players to also put in a shift and do their team duties as well.

The fact Browne has hardly had a look in with two managers, has now been off on compassionate leave and his position has just been added to by a player the manager has tracked for years then i think its reasonable to assume his days are well and truly numbered.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Marcus post match interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.