Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More Doncaster tickets...?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 284 Guests

More Doncaster tickets...?

This thread currently has 8,290 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Simariner
December 2, 2016, 8:44am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
After the 200-250 that are due on Monday I understand GTFC have requested more tickets but this is down to the policing of the game?

I've got a feeling more tickets will be rejected due to Sheff Wed and Rotherham playing the same day. Which would (I'd assume) also need a heavy police presence.

The police forces would be stretched as it is, so any extra tickets from the ones due on Monday could be non existent
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
mariner83
December 2, 2016, 9:08am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Surely they know fans may try to get tickets in the home ends if we don't get extras, which could cause more policing issues?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
1mickylyons
December 2, 2016, 9:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Simariner
After the 200-250 that are due on Monday I understand GTFC have requested more tickets but this is down to the policing of the game?

I've got a feeling more tickets will be rejected due to Sheff Wed and Rotherham playing the same day. Which would (I'd assume) also need a heavy police presence.

The police forces would be stretched as it is, so any extra tickets from the ones due on Monday could be non existent

If a ground holds 15k then surely the Police need to assume their could be upto 15k people in attendance don't they know were Grimsby and were massive? In any case Donny have already moved the kick off forward so the extra resources can move elsewhere after this game finishes either way Town fans will travel with or without tickets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
Grim74
December 2, 2016, 9:30am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Simariner

Don't get the panic merchants flapping anymore FFS

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
Grantham_Mariner
December 2, 2016, 10:48am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,185
Gold Stars: 50
It's a 12.30 kick off, surely time for SYP to get to Rovrum or Wendy for their games.

Nice bit of overtime pay for Xmas? (or New Year)

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
LH
December 2, 2016, 10:54am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
Ticket office Lisa announces in that facebook group that there will be 920 on sale on Monday after Donny send more.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
GrimRob
December 2, 2016, 11:45am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,402
Gold Stars: 113
If everyone agrees to behave they won't need any police  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 46
LH
December 2, 2016, 11:49am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,496
Gold Stars: 173
I like the theory that any potential trouble would cease at the full time whistle so the police could then go to their next job.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
1mickylyons
December 2, 2016, 12:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from LH
I like the theory that any potential trouble would cease at the full time whistle so the police could then go to their next job.

I don't see much trouble other than in or around the railway station due to the large numbers travelling.The Xmas party in Scunthorpe afterwards might be a bit different
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
CKDRFC
December 2, 2016, 4:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +15
Quoted from 1mickylyons

If a ground holds 15k then surely the Police need to assume their could be upto 15k people in attendance don't they know were Grimsby and were massive? In any case Donny have already moved the kick off forward so the extra resources can move elsewhere after this game finishes either way Town fans will travel with or without tickets.

We didn't change Kickoff time, SYP changed kickoff time

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › More Doncaster tickets...?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.