Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January Sales. What do we need?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 281 Guests

January Sales. What do we need?

This thread currently has 9,295 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
monkeyboy
December 2, 2016, 6:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
MB must have an idea of where he needs to strengthen in the team by now so with the January transfer window fast aproaching he will probably be eying up a a couple of players.  I would imagine there will be some lower league players that could be cheap that he may take a punt on.
Omar will go, that i am pretty sure of as there are too many higher division teams sniffing for this not to happen. The cash from this can hopefully go to a couple of contracts.

I think we need to strengthen in in centre mid, For me Summerfield is not up to the job as he is very hit and miss and we need a consistant performer. Disley is passed it now im afraid and yes the legs have gone.  Berret more a utility player than a regular for me while Vose could be good but needs to much support to carry out the grittier work. Mcallister looks good but obviously been out for a while. Comley is decent but he will be off soon.
We need another  central defender, 2 if Collins goes.
Nothing drastic really just half a team lol.

Oh and a Good no.2 Keeper, one thats probably on the edge of retirement just to keep Mkeown looking over his shoulder, Henderson does not look like he will get a chance, which is a shame after some of the gaffs from James. I understand people would like to see Henderson but maybe he just is not ready? Tommy Forecast was the next big thing for Goalkeepers and look how that turned out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
December 2, 2016, 8:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Collins is staying.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 68
1mickylyons
December 2, 2016, 8:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I would like a winger who can beat a man and put a decent ball in and a centre back with some pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 68
ginnywings
December 2, 2016, 8:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
The annual Dis' legs have gone statement. What does that actually mean and how do you know? We looked much better against Carlisle when he came on to replace a 21 year old.

Apart from that, we just need the 5 or 6 new players then?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 68
Simariner
December 2, 2016, 8:47am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Hopefully Sean Mc is back soon.  
He is a quality player and will be like a new signing if he can keep fit.

Other than that, I'd like to keep Comley and add Strikers to the shopping list (Especially if Bogle goes)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 68
gtfc98
December 2, 2016, 9:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
I'm sure Dis' legs have gone in January for each of the last 5 years?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 68
BrickTop
December 2, 2016, 10:12am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +231
Disley's legs haven't 'gone' , and, managed properly, he could go on for another couple of seasons and be a useful player for us.
MB won't be looking for players in January IMO as he's still getting to know his players, plus, we have two very good players waiting to come back to full fitness.
UTM

"You take sugar?"
"No thank you turkish, I'm sweet enough"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 68
HertsGTFC
December 2, 2016, 11:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
So what do we need in Jan?

- Omar to extend his deal and put off the inevitable for a while at least

- No injuries

- Marcus to know the squad and decide on his best 11 and how he wants to play (I sense that's close TBH)

- To be able to take corners properly & keep the effing ball

- Brandon & Dean Henderson to stay until the end of term and a perm deal for Vose. Sound like Collins is sorted

- Another experienced striker, possibly that aforementioned target/hold up man so we have some options if needed.  

- A young hungry striker from non league etc.,, who can be brought on to be the next Omar.

- A left back to cover Andrew

- To get our youngsters out on decent loans to say mid table National League clubs where they will get some game time

So................. What would we like in Jan?

- All of the above

- An experienced reserve keeper to put James under real pressure

- A 15 - 20 odd goal a season striker to partner Omar

- An absolute "mad dog" in CM who can break up the oppositions play, win the ball and give it.

- A left winger who can cross to said strikers

The squad we have is actually decent and with MB will really start to kick on I'm sure the other thing I am sure about is that we will be selective on who we bring and they will need to add quality. I am not convinced we need that many TBH it all depends on how MB wants to play I think.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 68
Mariner_09
December 2, 2016, 11:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I'd say a left back to replace Andrew, sides have targeted our left side recently. Barnet, Carlisle and Crawley all created goals or penalties from that side.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 68
HertsGTFC
December 2, 2016, 11:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'd say a left back to replace Andrew, sides have targeted our left side recently. Barnet, Carlisle and Crawley all created goals or penalties from that side.

To an extent I do agree but I am not sure we have got fully used to the switch to 4 - 3 - 3 yet. Under PH and his continuous 4 -4 -2 the FBs had a mid field player to double up with them when defending which often helped.

Would be interesting to see how Andrew responded to some real competition though..

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 68
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January Sales. What do we need?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.