14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
November 26, 2016, 5:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
I would be ashamed to play alongside Bogle every week and not score, at the moment we need to find another striker who can score goals, too much on his shoulders for me,  while others are swanning around
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 130
MuddyWaters
November 26, 2016, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from ginnywings
Not a fan of Vose myself, think he's a lazy player despite his obvious skills. Chambers a big miss for me too as Tombola just doesn't have a football brain despite his pace and power.

Town make a habit of getting poor teams back to winning ways. They have taken one point from the last 6 games and sounded like Brazil second half. Think this shows that the inconsistency will probably see us not challenging at the higher end of the table and who would have thought that this game in the tough run of games would be the first one we lost in?

Too much of a luxury for me - we hold our shape much better when Chambers and Berrett play - awaits the Berrett knockers......
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 130
chicaneuk
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Garth
I would be ashamed to play alongside Bogle every week and not score, at the moment we need to find another striker who can score goals, too much on his shoulders for me,  while others are swanning around

Agreed. That seems so obvious when you look at the scoring stats for the top teams. They're not just depending on one striker to get the goals, and all have several who are finding the net.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 130
UTMariners
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 6
Shows how far we have come in the last 12 months that we are so disappointed with a 3-2 away defeat in League two.  At the start of the season I would have been happy to lose most games if we just survived- not any more!

"My love, my heart, my soul, my life.  My beloved Club Grimsby."

Salford Mariner

Join the Trust!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 130
sydney
November 26, 2016, 5:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
We where poor today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 130
Bigdog
November 26, 2016, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
It's far too simplistic to say it's the defenders' faults when we concede. I think we've got a major problem in our central midfield this season, they offer little protection for our back four and also to compound our issues are not mobile enough to drive us forward. Question marks about everyone that plays in there. They should be the glue that holds the team together, and they don't, they're far too inconsistent and frail.

I know he's a fans favourite, but Pearson is not the answer at the back, maybe Gowling isn't too. Shaun is too slow and has a bad habit of ball watching. Would scare me playing him and Collins together, would be the slowest pairing in the whole league. If MB thinks Dan Jones is not up to it, I think we need to recruit a new centre half in January as well as one or two central midfielders like Carlisle have got. We then may be solid enough to get the best out of the attacking threat we've got at our disposal.

Would like to see MB offload one or two deadwood contracted players and some loanees if he can in January and get his own team together asap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 130
ginnywings
November 26, 2016, 5:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Totally agree Bigdog. Think we have a poor array of midfielders, who are all much of a muchness. Carlisle showed what we should be aspiring to in that department. It seems to be a problem season after season. They don't score enough either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 130
Bigdog
November 26, 2016, 6:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Perkins

I think this next fortnight would be well spent by Bignot sussing out some of the players desire and attitude.

I don't think desire and attitude are the pressing problems, I think it's got a lot more to do with the lack of physicality and ability of some we've got in the squad..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 130
MuddyWaters
November 26, 2016, 6:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Bigdog
It's far too simplistic to say it's the defenders' faults when we concede. I think we've got a major problem in our central midfield this season, they offer little protection for our back four and also to compound our issues are not mobile enough to drive us forward. Question marks about everyone that plays in there. They should be the glue that holds the team together, and they don't, they're far too inconsistent and frail.

I know he's a fans favourite, but Pearson is not the answer at the back, maybe Gowling isn't too. Shaun is too slow and has a bad habit of ball watching. Would scare me playing him and Collins together, would be the slowest pairing in the whole league. If MB thinks Dan Jones is not up to it, I think we need to recruit a new centre half in January as well as one or two central midfielders like Carlisle have got. We then may be solid enough to get the best out of the attacking threat we've got at our disposal.

Would like to see MB offload one or two deadwood contracted players and some loanees if he can in January and get his own team together asap.

Agree regarding Pearson and Gowling - maybe Jones or even Boyce have the pace to be Danny Collins' partner. In central midfield, we clearly lack an enforcer which is I'm sure what McAllister was signed for, Dis is not the answer and all of Summerfield, Berrett and Vose are attack-minded leaving Comley who was strangely out of sorts against Carlisle (former club maybe?). Bolarinwa flatters to deceive - Chambers is far more adept in that role.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 130
sapper mariner
November 26, 2016, 7:05pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.