This thread currently has 3,644 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
November 20, 2016, 2:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I remember PH bigging them up saying we cant be expected to go there and win as they were LG1 last season !! That one sentence summed PH up for me .....  Bignot seems to set his Team up to win and allows the players to express themselves to reach that Aim !!
Another thing that PH used to get wrong was dropping a player for one bad game !! Used to do my head in .
As for Vose having spoken to someone at Scunny he is living up to his billing ... Flatters to deceive and is not suited to a high tempo modern game !! It took Graham Alex one training session to see it , hence why we have him

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
November 20, 2016, 3:04pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
How long have we got to put up with these endless, tedious comparisons between Hurst and Bignot?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
November 20, 2016, 3:27pm
Guest User
Quoted from LH
How long have we got to put up with these endless, tedious comparisons between Hurst and Bignot?

Hear, hear.
Can we just thank the man for getting us back in to league football, wish him well and move on!?
Reply: 2 - 12
BackHeelTony
November 20, 2016, 4:02pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +325
Gold Stars: 1
Think we should all remember Hurst signed all our players!

Probably deserves quite a bit of credit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2016, 4:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Very skillfull player vose I think he's a good addition to the squad ,can play his part in a successful season imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
Pastandpresent
November 20, 2016, 4:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -226
As for Vose having spoken to someone at Scunny he is living up to his billing ... Flatters to deceive and is not suited to a high tempo modern game !! It took Graham Alex one training session to see it , hence why we have him

So because he hasn't played for a few week he's not good enough for the team, I'm sure vose is more than capable to play at a higher level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Grimal
November 20, 2016, 4:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Pastandpresent

So because he hasn't played for a few week he's not good enough for the team, I'm sure vose is more than capable to play at a higher level

Vose played in the reserves match on tuesday and did quite well but I seem to remember he took a bit of a knock, he was then stretching his leg as if he had a slight pull but can't be sure, if that's the case then probable reason he didn't make the squad yesterday.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2016, 5:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from fleabag1970
I remember PH bigging them up saying we cant be expected to go there and win as they were LG1 last season !! That one sentence summed PH up for me .....  Bignot seems to set his Team up to win and allows the players to express themselves to reach that Aim !!
Another thing that PH used to get wrong was dropping a player for one bad game !! Used to do my head in .

To be fair, they played us off the park first half. And not because we weren't being positive. We didn't get a chance to.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
Mariner_09
November 20, 2016, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
They didn't play us off the park but they certainly had the better chances, despite that I can't remember McKeown having to make a save.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
KingstonMariner
November 20, 2016, 5:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Mariner_09
They didn't play us off the park but they certainly had the better chances, despite that I can't remember McKeown having to make a save.

Didn't have a save to make? Are you kidding? We were 3 nil down at half time!! We were lucky not to be down to 10 men too.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.