Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 10,000th post dedicated to...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 280 Guests

10,000th post dedicated to...

This thread currently has 2,753 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
November 19, 2016, 5:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Marcus Beanyoh Bignot!

It's a really tight division, but had Plymouth won they'd have been on 41 points! What a score

I know some people balk at the mention of Hurst and say move on etc, but we're just into this transition period and comparisons are there to be made, so my main thought is this. Had we been leading 1-0 today with Hurst in charge, I would have put money on Town not getting the all important second. To then grab a third fills me with a feeling I've not had in a long time; of taking a game to the opposition and shocking them by not sitting back but going looking for another, of resolute confidence and being fearless.

3 goals, 3 points gained at the top teams place, and all accomplished with exciting football. It won't be this good all of the time, we know, but this is the standard that Marcus is looking for, and that has to bode well. What could it be like if he starts spoiling us !?

Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
November 19, 2016, 5:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I think it's apparent from the pre match interview with Comley that the players are experiencing a more attacking mindset from the manager and saying he has more license to get forward. BigChris commented today on how quickly we moved up the pitch, whereas under Hurst, we would go sideways more. When the first goal went in today, i thought to myself, come on let's have 2 or 3 and not be chewing my finger nails off while we defend a 1-0 lead, as we would have done under Hurst. I never felt nervous at all today and would have been more than happy with a draw, but a comfortable and well deserved win at the league leaders is fantastic. I would have been happy with 6 or 7 points from this run of five games but didn't think three of them would come in the first of them.

Brilliant!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Skrill
November 19, 2016, 5:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +6 / -6
Approval: +604
Plymouth have not lost a game for three months, drawn two and won all the rest. We went at them, and won a fully deserved, loud 0 - 3 victory. Bring on Carlisle!

[tweet]316134373063806976[/tweet]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
chaos33
November 19, 2016, 5:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,927
Gold Stars: 357
Totally agree with the OP. Just a completely different mindset and ethos to the previous regime and look what can be achieved! Fantastic result, and massive respect to the squad, manager and superb travelling fans.

UTFM.  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
TownSNAFU5
November 19, 2016, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,872
Gold Stars: 42
What away league result in the past has been better than this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Hertsmariner
November 19, 2016, 6:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
And I just celebrated by paying an annual subscription to MP!
I buy a ST to support the club even though I don't get to many home games (distance and cost of travel). But MP seems an excellent way to watch the games I'm unable to attend, particularly as the 'turgid' era seems at last to have been left behind.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Doctor Sanchez
November 19, 2016, 6:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Newcastle 0 Town 1 with Dobbin's screamer springs to mind.  But today's is definitely up there, great result.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Abdul19
November 19, 2016, 6:46pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,531
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Wycombe under the messiah, Mike Newell.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Marinerz93
November 19, 2016, 6:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ginnywings
I think it's apparent from the pre match interview with Comley that the players are experiencing a more attacking mindset from the manager and saying he has more license to get forward. BigChris commented today on how quickly we moved up the pitch, whereas under Hurst, we would go sideways more. When the first goal went in today, i thought to myself, come on let's have 2 or 3 and not be chewing my finger nails off while we defend a 1-0 lead, as we would have done under Hurst. I never felt nervous at all today and would have been more than happy with a draw, but a comfortable and well deserved win at the league leaders is fantastic. I would have been happy with 6 or 7 points from this run of five games but didn't think three of them would come in the first of them.

Brilliant!

I walked the dogs on Cleethorpes beach the other week and came across a few crabs pushing a marble around. I stood and watched and after half an hour, I shouted 'COME ON TOWN'', then I realised that we don't watch that type of football anymore  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
Garth
November 19, 2016, 7:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from chaos33
Totally agree with the OP. Just a completely different mindset and ethos to the previous regime and look what can be achieved! Fantastic result, and massive respect to the squad, manager and superb travelling fans.

UTFM.  

Lets not forget in all the excitement of a very good win, who decimated the team at the end of last season and signed all the players that won today---just saying like----- but as we all know he would have dealt the hand differently to that of his successor today, its not the cards you hold but the way you play them UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 10,000th post dedicated to...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.