5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
November 16, 2016, 10:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Anyone else noticed that they seem to be a bit quiet at the minute? Are they still involved with the club? Is Lee still on the board?

Just to clarify, I'm not complaining!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grimsby2012
November 16, 2016, 11:50am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
After helping the club financially from their own pocket, which subsequently helped us back in the league. I think they are entitled to quite time.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
oldun
November 16, 2016, 11:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I like quiet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
LH
November 16, 2016, 12:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,492
Gold Stars: 173
Bit quite.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
Simariner
November 16, 2016, 12:59pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from gtfc98
Anyone else noticed that they seem to be a bit quiet at the minute? Are they still involved with the club? Is Lee still on the board?

Just to clarify, I'm not complaining!

No
No

(Only from what I've heard)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 41
Numanoid
November 16, 2016, 1:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +152
Gold Stars: 14
Worst thing Mr Mullen did was to get too involved in the media,,  just keep a low profile and enjoy the football.Nobody need's to know, just yourself could leave you content imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
Golden fox
November 16, 2016, 3:42pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
Wrong : The worst thing Mullen did was support MUFC ! Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
SuperJoeyWaters
November 16, 2016, 5:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +45
They have attended the last 2 games. There box has been empty except for Graham Holness who has been a regular in their box since his illness
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
SuperJoeyWaters
November 16, 2016, 5:16pm
Beer Drinker
Approval: +45
I ment to say they haven't attended the last 2 home games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 41
Freemoash88
November 16, 2016, 5:23pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Who gives a intercourse we would all do it if we had the money. I'm more botherd what I'm having for tea tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
Mariner_09
November 16, 2016, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
What Lee Mullen is a Man U fan? If this is the case then he should never had anything to do with us in terms of directing, if I were in a position to donate the best part of 100k to the club, I would do it anonymously and just get a thank you from Mr Fenty and disappear off and just appear to be another fan. At least one thing you can't accuse Mr Fenty of is his fidelity, he is GTFC through and through and has put his money where his mouth his, I certainly wouldn't have done what he's done and I admire him for that, he's put millions in over the years and kept us going financially.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
Grimsby2012
November 16, 2016, 7:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Mariner_09
What Lee Mullen is a Man U fan? If this is the case then he should never had anything to do with us in terms of directing, if I were in a position to donate the best part of 100k to the club, I would do it anonymously and just get a thank you from Mr Fenty and disappear off and just appear to be another fan. At least one thing you can't accuse Mr Fenty of is his fidelity, he is GTFC through and through and has put his money where his mouth his, I certainly wouldn't have done what he's done and I admire him for that, he's put millions in over the years and kept us going financially.

Are you moaning just for the sake of it? Your seriously moaning because he supports a prem team as well as town? I would understand if he supported another team in our league, but he doesn't. He helps the club he loves by offer financial support. Why does he deserve a thread criticizing him for what should be his own choice, Be grateful we have a fan who can support the club with a good amount of cash.

I couldn't give a monkey bum hole who else he supports, as long as he chooses to invest in us and no one else, that's all that should matter.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
MuddyWaters
November 16, 2016, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Grimsby2012

Are you moaning just for the sake of it? Your seriously moaning because he supports a prem team as well as town? I would understand if he supported another team in our league, but he doesn't. He helps the club he loves by offer financial support. Why does he deserve a thread criticizing him for what should be his own choice, Be grateful we have a fan who can support the club with a good amount of cash.

I couldn't give a monkey bum hole who else he supports, as long as he chooses to invest in us and no one else, that's all that should matter.

I don't believe anyone has ever criticised him for investing in his hometown club, there are other aspects of his directorship that I would criticise however.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
pizzzza
November 17, 2016, 9:16am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from MuddyWaters

there are other aspects of his directorship that I would criticise however.

Would you? Go on then.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
Kris2
November 17, 2016, 10:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I don't believe anyone has ever criticised him for investing in his hometown club, there are other aspects of his directorship that I would criticise however.

Such as? And no "He supports a Premiership club" isn't affecting his ability to do business with the club.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
Bradford Mariner
November 17, 2016, 12:45pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Why on earth would anyone who has the good fortune of the Mullens ever put money into this club if all they get is grief?

I have no idea what it is they are supposed to have done that a section of the fans find unacceptable, but I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt and our thanks for having the generosity to contribute to our club.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
GtfcGarner
November 17, 2016, 12:51pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,784
Gold Stars: 26
I suppose the same people would say no to a businessman looking to put some money into our club but might have an interest in a different team e.g. Arsenal... Look past your rose tinted glasses
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
Jaws
November 17, 2016, 1:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
He got mine (and others) backs up when he started throwing false accusations about and threatening to take people to court for referring to a tweet of his from years ago.

He reckoned he got hacked but I and many others did not believe this as it was a link to an article and he'd regularly tweeted his usual stuff before and after the event with nothing else appearing to be amiss.

There was a thread on here that then got deleted and I seem to think that he got the email address of certain posters and contacted them.

Other people also dislike him because it seems as if he only donated the money to be in photo op at every possible opportunity.

Long story short - director got caught out, turned on the fans.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
scoregasm
November 17, 2016, 1:37pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +148
He has put money into the club the same as fenty, some are moaning about him having a second team, how many have you seen at B.P over the years wearing  a perm club shirt on? 100's, were they asked to leave or cover up their shirt? No because they are paying  customers the same as mullens is the only difference is he has put his hand in his pocket to help the club out the same as fenty has. I don't see many with money in the area doing the same. He should be appreciated not criticised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
grimps
November 17, 2016, 1:38pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,103
Gold Stars: 46
Lots of green eyed monsters on this Town by the looks of things.
We've all had the dream of winning big and investing into the Mariners , I hope small minded jealousy doesn't put some people off in the future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
Simariner
November 17, 2016, 1:38pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from Jaws
He got mine (and others) backs up when he started throwing false accusations about and threatening to take people to court for referring to a tweet of his from years ago.

He reckoned he got hacked but I and many others did not believe this as it was a link to an article and he'd regularly tweeted his usual stuff before and after the event with nothing else appearing to be amiss.

There was a thread on here that then got deleted and I seem to think that he got the email address of certain posters and contacted them.

Other people also dislike him because it seems as if he only donated the money to be in photo op at every possible opportunity.

Long story short - director got caught out, turned on the fans.

This...  ^^^^^^

Wanted to have a squad number and come on and play for GTFC in pre-season.  Was begging PH and other board members at the time -----   apparently
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 41
Jaws
November 17, 2016, 1:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from grimps
Lots of green eyed monsters on this Town by the looks of things.
We've all had the dream of winning big and investing into the Mariners , I hope small minded jealousy doesn't put some people off in the future

Of course people are envious but to me seems that this guy has purely invested in the club to get in on as many photo opportunities as possible.

Any sort of love declared for football prior to him buying a stake was all for Man United?
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
Tradjazz
November 17, 2016, 1:52pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38

I often speak to Sue and Lee and always found them very polite and friendly.

I'm gratful they have chosen to invest in the club.

Leave them alone.

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 41
grimps
November 17, 2016, 1:55pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,103
Gold Stars: 46
I see people at Blundell park every week that declare their love for Man Utd, Liverpool , Leeds ect all over Facebook.
I'd be happy for any of them to stick a few grand into the Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
November 17, 2016, 2:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimps
I see people at Blundell park every week that declare their love for Man Utd, Liverpool , Leeds ect all over Facebook.

Nothing gets my back up as much as this. The sheer lack of self-awareness of someone born in Cleethorpes talking about "we" when they're blathering on about Man Utd.

Don't get it. Never have, never will.
Reply: 24 - 41
ska face
November 17, 2016, 2:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,610
Gold Stars: 840
Don't think anyone had a problem with their involvement at all until Mrs Mullen started implying that the Trust had been withholding Op Promotion money, and then announced herself as SLO, then obviously you've got Mr Mullen voting in favour of B Teams in the EFL Trophy which has been proven to be of more benefit to Prem teams than ourselves (hence the concern about him being a Man Utd fan).

Not wanting to go over old ground, as all of these were well covered when they first came up, but the assumption that people are worried about their involvement because they're "jealous" is well wide of the mark. Same goes for Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 17, 2016, 3:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Bradford Mariner
Why on earth would anyone who has the good fortune of the Mullens ever put money into this club if all they get is grief?

I have no idea what it is they are supposed to have done that a section of the fans find unacceptable, but I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt and our thanks for having the generosity to contribute to our club.

UTM

I think the problem is that they put the money in and wanted people to know they had done it. Too much self-publicity in the early days rebounded on them more than a bit.

Perhaps a lesson has been learned and that's why we hear less of them and from them in public these days.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
Davec
November 17, 2016, 3:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I got contacted via email by Lee Mullen after the Twitter hack thing, he emailed me, not asking, more like demanding me to ring him to resolve the situation but there was no situation to resolve as Rob even told me via PM that he was on my side as opposed to Lee Mullen.

Then you had all this what others have said above. And don't forget Susan Mullen arranges coaches for away games sometimes and she deliberately under cuts Terry Hall's prices.

But they do support Graham Holness a lot and they do seem to do a lot for charity to be fair to them

However there is obviously something about them that rubs people up the wrong way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
Wrawby_Mariner
November 17, 2016, 3:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Whatever they have or haven't done I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions on their part.

That's the problem when folk hit the jackpot, they are largely unprepared for the media attention that comes with it.

How's that for sitting on the fence?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 28 - 41
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2016, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Whatever they have or haven't done I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions on their part.

That's the problem when folk hit the jackpot, they are largely unprepared for the media attention that comes with it.

How's that for sitting on the fence?

Splinters in your backside time.

I too got contacted by Rob for my e-mail address at the time of the Twitter thing. At the time, Morecambe home game I think, we'd had one of the club's best days for many years and my comment was along the lines of saying that this was more important than Lee Mullen's Twitter.

I'm not in the least jealous of what they won, I'm happy with my own life and happy to pay to watch the team I've loved for nearly 50 years - I just don't believe in using money and power to win an argument - that's all.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
Freemoash88
November 17, 2016, 8:25pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
If he started demanding me for my email etc I would of just told him to intercourse off and then give him my seat number and tell him to come to me in person. I'm grateful for their help but.. It all got abit Katie price and Peter Andre.

I think we all know the truth about the whole situation but it's over and done with now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
jimgtfc
November 17, 2016, 10:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,084
Gold Stars: 44
Ah well, guess the team will have to wear their tracksuits at Wembley in may then 😉

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
highcliff mariner
November 18, 2016, 7:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Freemoash88
If he started demanding me for my email etc I would of just told him to intercourse off and then give him my seat number and tell him to come to me in person. I'm grateful for their help but.. It all got abit Katie price and Peter Andre.

I think we all know the truth about the whole situation but it'fs over and done with now.

please do tell those of us who don't know , what the "truth" is .

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
dapperz fun pub
November 18, 2016, 8:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,910
Gold Stars: 82
I have no idea of the truth but a longshot could be one of the directors was more keen to retain Paul hurst than another one and basically fell out just a wild guess
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
Civvy at last
November 18, 2016, 9:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +36 / -13
Approval: +12,204
Gold Stars: 131
Quoted from highcliff mariner

please do tell those of us who don't know , what the "truth" is .

UTM

FFS. Haven't you got Facebook or Twitter ? 😉

The wife was going away for a girly weekend.
I jokingly remarked  'I don't know whether to spend it watching porn or watching football'
'you may as well spend it watching porn' she replied
That's understanding darling what makes you say that? I asked

She said 'Well you already know how to play football'  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
gtfc98
November 18, 2016, 9:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Bradford Mariner

UTM

I'm not a fan of Islamophobia personally, but each to their own.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
MuddyWaters
November 18, 2016, 2:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

FFS. Haven't you got Facebook or Twitter ? 😉

I've got Facebook and Twitter - still don't know what the 'truth' is!
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
pizzzza
November 19, 2016, 9:31am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I've got Facebook and Twitter - still don't know what the 'truth' is!

Facebook and Twitter? How very modern.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
HertsGTFC
November 19, 2016, 10:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228
To be honest outing their money in was a good thing but I just don't think they quite understood that you then need to get your head down otherwise you are a target to be shot at and that has happened on a number of occasions.

They have been fortunate with a big win so good luck to them however wealth can't buy you "media savvy" and that has caught them out like the "I'm putting my money where my mouth is" from Lee when he first invested, well we all do that when we buy it tickets etc..... I think that Lee has also been naive enough to provide a response to every challenge/question that has come is way, clearly the "professionals" who look after the PR at the club have let him down with that.

Either way I reckon we should leave them alone while they are quiet.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
Madeleymariner
November 19, 2016, 11:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
I know nothing about all this but seems pointless to keep bringing whatever it was up and just be pleased a local couple were happy to give up some of their winnings to the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
Ipswin
November 19, 2016, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Why are we still discussing these two - they are hangers-on with no football experience and nothing to offer the progress and running of GTFC other than cash.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
Mrs Doyle
November 19, 2016, 1:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Got news for you every club needs cash.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mullens

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.