5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Simariner
November 17, 2016, 1:38pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
Quoted from Jaws
He got mine (and others) backs up when he started throwing false accusations about and threatening to take people to court for referring to a tweet of his from years ago.

He reckoned he got hacked but I and many others did not believe this as it was a link to an article and he'd regularly tweeted his usual stuff before and after the event with nothing else appearing to be amiss.

There was a thread on here that then got deleted and I seem to think that he got the email address of certain posters and contacted them.

Other people also dislike him because it seems as if he only donated the money to be in photo op at every possible opportunity.

Long story short - director got caught out, turned on the fans.

This...  ^^^^^^

Wanted to have a squad number and come on and play for GTFC in pre-season.  Was begging PH and other board members at the time -----   apparently
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 41
Jaws
November 17, 2016, 1:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from grimps
Lots of green eyed monsters on this Town by the looks of things.
We've all had the dream of winning big and investing into the Mariners , I hope small minded jealousy doesn't put some people off in the future

Of course people are envious but to me seems that this guy has purely invested in the club to get in on as many photo opportunities as possible.

Any sort of love declared for football prior to him buying a stake was all for Man United?
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
Tradjazz
November 17, 2016, 1:52pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38

I often speak to Sue and Lee and always found them very polite and friendly.

I'm gratful they have chosen to invest in the club.

Leave them alone.

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 41
grimps
November 17, 2016, 1:55pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,112
Gold Stars: 46
I see people at Blundell park every week that declare their love for Man Utd, Liverpool , Leeds ect all over Facebook.
I'd be happy for any of them to stick a few grand into the Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
November 17, 2016, 2:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimps
I see people at Blundell park every week that declare their love for Man Utd, Liverpool , Leeds ect all over Facebook.

Nothing gets my back up as much as this. The sheer lack of self-awareness of someone born in Cleethorpes talking about "we" when they're blathering on about Man Utd.

Don't get it. Never have, never will.
Reply: 24 - 41
ska face
November 17, 2016, 2:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Don't think anyone had a problem with their involvement at all until Mrs Mullen started implying that the Trust had been withholding Op Promotion money, and then announced herself as SLO, then obviously you've got Mr Mullen voting in favour of B Teams in the EFL Trophy which has been proven to be of more benefit to Prem teams than ourselves (hence the concern about him being a Man Utd fan).

Not wanting to go over old ground, as all of these were well covered when they first came up, but the assumption that people are worried about their involvement because they're "jealous" is well wide of the mark. Same goes for Fenty.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 17, 2016, 3:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Bradford Mariner
Why on earth would anyone who has the good fortune of the Mullens ever put money into this club if all they get is grief?

I have no idea what it is they are supposed to have done that a section of the fans find unacceptable, but I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt and our thanks for having the generosity to contribute to our club.

UTM

I think the problem is that they put the money in and wanted people to know they had done it. Too much self-publicity in the early days rebounded on them more than a bit.

Perhaps a lesson has been learned and that's why we hear less of them and from them in public these days.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
Davec
November 17, 2016, 3:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I got contacted via email by Lee Mullen after the Twitter hack thing, he emailed me, not asking, more like demanding me to ring him to resolve the situation but there was no situation to resolve as Rob even told me via PM that he was on my side as opposed to Lee Mullen.

Then you had all this what others have said above. And don't forget Susan Mullen arranges coaches for away games sometimes and she deliberately under cuts Terry Hall's prices.

But they do support Graham Holness a lot and they do seem to do a lot for charity to be fair to them

However there is obviously something about them that rubs people up the wrong way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
Wrawby_Mariner
November 17, 2016, 3:09pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Whatever they have or haven't done I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions on their part.

That's the problem when folk hit the jackpot, they are largely unprepared for the media attention that comes with it.

How's that for sitting on the fence?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 28 - 41
MuddyWaters
November 17, 2016, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
Whatever they have or haven't done I'm sure it was done with the best of intentions on their part.

That's the problem when folk hit the jackpot, they are largely unprepared for the media attention that comes with it.

How's that for sitting on the fence?

Splinters in your backside time.

I too got contacted by Rob for my e-mail address at the time of the Twitter thing. At the time, Morecambe home game I think, we'd had one of the club's best days for many years and my comment was along the lines of saying that this was more important than Lee Mullen's Twitter.

I'm not in the least jealous of what they won, I'm happy with my own life and happy to pay to watch the team I've loved for nearly 50 years - I just don't believe in using money and power to win an argument - that's all.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mullens

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.