2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Rob_in_Grimsby
November 12, 2016, 7:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
I see we play the top 4 in the next 5 games, what do you think is a realistic points total from these games.
I do hope whatever we get the fans stay positive and get behind Marcus

Next 5 are

Plymouth Away (1)
Carlisle Home (2)
Crawley Away (13)
Portsmouth Home (4)
Doncaster Away (3)

Logged Offline
Private Message
ginnywings
November 12, 2016, 7:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Tough run. I'd be happy with 6 or 7 points, very happy at 8 or 9 and ecstatic at anything more. Realistically speaking, we could end up with 4 or 5. Still a work in progress and the next run of games will be a test of the squad and MB's managerial capabilities. Carlisle surprisingly lost to Newport, which shows how close this league is.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
MuddyWaters
November 12, 2016, 7:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Anything more than 6 points from those 5 games will be good going and would surely stand us in good stead for the rest of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Bigdog
November 12, 2016, 7:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Comley apart, our central midfield worries me.

My head says 5 points, which will drop us into the bottom half.

My heart hopes MB can fire up the lads to get 10 points, which will keep us in a play-off spot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
ginnywings
November 12, 2016, 8:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from Bigdog
Comley apart, our central midfield worries me.

My head says 5 points, which will drop us into the bottom half.

My heart hopes MB can fire up the lads to get 10 points, which will keep us in a play-off spot.

Agreed, worries me too and they were bullied i thought today. Needed Disley in there to stabilise us today as Comley ended up on the left and i would have put money on Berrett being subbed.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
grimsby pete
November 13, 2016, 11:14am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
5 games 5 pts would not be too bad as Marcus tries to find his best team and formation,

I hope we manage 7 anymore than that will be excellent.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
rancido
November 13, 2016, 12:04pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,446
Gold Stars: 91
They are certainly tough games but it will give Marcus a chance to see how the squad performs against the better sides in this league and also the strengths and weaknesses of these teams. These next few games will be a steep learning curve for Marcus but with the " intelligent " use of the players we have then I'm sure things will be ok. It's only six weeks until the transfer window opens but that gives him plenty of time to truly assess the squad and decide who he needs and doesn't need to progress.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Mariner_09
November 14, 2016, 10:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Plymouth haven't lost since August and have won 12 of the last 14, a point there would be a phenomenal result. Hopefully after their defeat on Saturday we can catch Carlisle on a poor run and get something. If we do lose those 2 which is perfectly possible we will absolutely need something at Crawley and then Portsmouth and Donny aren't any easier. If it goes badly we could be down there by Christmas. My hope is that the number of teams between us and the bottom 2 will stand us in good stead. Maybe we'll get new manager syndrome and not lose the next 5 and win 3 of them or something.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
Brisbane Mariner
November 14, 2016, 10:10pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
A 6 point return from those games would be Par and anything more is a bonus - we should get three at Crawley - just because!!

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 16
chaos33
November 14, 2016, 10:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
League two strikes me as a bit mad and often unpredictable. Plenty of teams between us and trouble and most have very inconsistent form. Nobody has an easy 'next 5 games'. On paper I don't fancy us to get too many points from the next quintet but then I fancied Carlisle to beat Newport on Saturday!

Crawley looks the one with scope for points but who knows - we might win the next two! It looks a tall order for us to maintain a play off place between now and Christmas but I think we can stay above the bottom third with a couple of decent results.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next 5 Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.