November 9, 2016, 4:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from GrimRob
Look at the date. Today is 09/11.

The only real date to remember is 7th November 2016---Marcus Bignot signed on the dotted line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 108
November 9, 2016, 5:36pm
Guest User
I reckon Trump will calm right down and the majority of the stuff he campaigned for in his campaign he'll never deliver. The majority are overreacting by trying to find escape routes in to Canada. Trump talks the talk but I'm doubtful he'll walk the walk. Clinton on the other hand. I'm hoping these next couple of months Obama will mentor him in to his new position as Commander-in-Chief.
Reply: 81 - 108
Marinerz93
November 9, 2016, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
One of the best comments read out by reporters interviewing people on Trumps win was 'I really want a jet ski'.

Clinton, is corrupt and bought which means she was never in the race to be President for the people. Her winning would have led to another cold war or even war, she has been described as psychotic by some of the people closest to her.

Trump, is estimated to be worth £3.5 billion, not bad for someone who has failed many times in business. Trump like a lot of mega rich people think they can say and do what they like and get away with it.

Ideally you wouldn't want either of these two near the hot seat, Trump is the best of the worst but should fair better than bumbling Bush who lets face it, was proof especially after the voting shenanigans last time that elections can be rigged by corporations to put in their man in power.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 108
Maringer
November 9, 2016, 10:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Trump, worth $3.5 billion? Don't be daft. Many commentators reckon he's worth less than a billion now and this is the reason he refused to release his tax returns. Regardless, most of his money has come from the real estate business he set up under the aegis of his father and the business and wealth he inherited from his father so claims of being a self made man are nonsense.

Also, don't be so melodramatically silly about Clinton. One thing she's not is daft and nobody wants a new cold war, despite the shitty way in which Putin is running his country and using military influence in various troublespots around the world.

Similarly, I tend to doubt that Trump will actually abandon the Baltic Nato states either. All hot air and rhetoric from either side of the debate.

Trump's very conciliatory pose this morning makes me sort of wonder if somebody in the US military/establishment has had a word in his ear suggesting it might be better to row back a lot on his more outrageous policies thrown out in the campaign if he wants to avoid accidentally kicking himself to death in bed one night?  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 108
Marinerz93
November 9, 2016, 11:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer
Trump, worth $3.5 billion? Don't be daft. Many commentators reckon he's worth less than a billion now and this is the reason he refused to release his tax returns. Regardless, most of his money has come from the real estate business he set up under the aegis of his father and the business and wealth he inherited from his father so claims of being a self made man are nonsense.

Also, don't be so melodramatically silly about Clinton. One thing she's not is daft and nobody wants a new cold war, despite the shitty way in which Putin is running his country and using military influence in various troublespots around the world.

Similarly, I tend to doubt that Trump will actually abandon the Baltic Nato states either. All hot air and rhetoric from either side of the debate.

Trump's very conciliatory pose this morning makes me sort of wonder if somebody in the US military/establishment has had a word in his ear suggesting it might be better to row back a lot on his more outrageous policies thrown out in the campaign if he wants to avoid accidentally kicking himself to death in bed one night?  

Melodramatically silly about Clinton, are you saying she isn't cold calculating psychopath who doesn't go into rage when she doesn't get what she wants.

[youtube]zbJe-Yelp-I[/youtube]

According to Forbes his definitive net worth as of September 2016 was £3.7 Billion, so I'll take the information of Forbes, the people who compile the rich 400 over your so called commentators until I see his tax returns.

Trump has stated he wants to do business with Russia, Clinton wanted a no fly zone over Syria, this would lead to heightened tensions with Russia. Trump will be better than Bush, maybe not by much but I don't see him doing any worse.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 108
Brisbane Mariner
November 10, 2016, 1:47am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from Civvy at last
It speaks volumes about the Democrats and the opinion of them in the USA if people would rather vote for Trump.

But when you look at the leaders we have here (on both sides), people nowadays seem to be voting for what they deem to be the party to do the 'least damage'.  

I think in most free countries nowadays, no-one has confidence the their politicians any more.

Certainly true here in Australia - we have had more prime ministers in the last 8 years than we have had hot dinners - they are all concerned about popularity for the now rather than making any nation building policies or projects - their vision is term to term - then the media get a whiff of dissent and BANG out goes another puppet and in comes the next! flipping tragic really.

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 85 - 108
RoboCod
November 10, 2016, 8:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from GrimRob

I know but it's an omen

Worth pointing out at this stage that 4 out of 10 Trump supporters believe Clinton to be a demon. Not name calling, they believe she is an actual demon.
And Trump made a thinly veiled threat that Clinton might be shot by antagonised gun owners, amongst other threats.

All the elements of an Omen-type film

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 108
Maringer
November 10, 2016, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Marinerz93

Melodramatically silly about Clinton, are you saying she isn't cold calculating psychopath who doesn't go into rage when she doesn't get what she wants.

Ah, so we're to believe somebody selling a book who is being interviewed on Fox News (officially classed an entertainment channel so they don't have to tell the truth!) in the lead up to the election? Sounds like a load of old balderdash to me, but if you want to believe that, fair enough.

Clinton's view that a no-fly zone would be a good idea is just that - a view. Little chance that I can see that such a thing could be imposed without the agreement of the UNSC and, with Russia a permanent member, this wouldn't happen.

The Trumpites used this to claim that such a no-fly zone would provoke WWIII, based on, well, supposition that both Clinton and Putin want to destroy the planet? We've recently seen what happens when NATO members shoot down Russian aircraft - nothing of a great deal of note. The idea that either side would suddenly start escalating a conflict willy-nilly isn't credible, from my viewpoint.

The right-wing view that Clinton is some sort of evil, twisted psychopath is just nonsensical. She's been in politics for decades so has one or two shady links and minor controversies in the past and, under her rule, things would have continued mostly how they have under Obama. Not brilliant, but not terrible. She's a poor candidate in most respects.

On the other hand, we have Trump who is a braggart, an egotistical and brazen liar, a philandere, a serial bankrupt who brags about using his wealth and power to sexually assault women. He (or at the very least his campaign) was blatantly racist, sexist, misogynistic and divisive and the racial tensions in the US have been heightened by his appalling campaigning - it is no coincidence that Trump was elected by the white voters, both wealthy and poor, or that he was soundly backed by various racist/white supremacist groups.

Let's not forget that Clinton actually looks to have won the popular vote - she received more votes, but the rubbish US electoral system (which is even worse than ours) gives the victory to the man with fewer votes.

I see there have been various (pointless) protests against Trump around the US overnight. It will be interesting to see if he can actually find a way to defuse some of the tensions which he has created in his pursuit of power. I'm guessing not and I'm also guessing he really doesn't give a crap all that much.

Troubling times ahead for the Americans and that's before he even starts on the economy.

You say he can't be worse than GWB? Stick around - his stated economic policies will make GWB's colossal intercourse-up of the economy look like child's play in comparison.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 108
GrimRob
November 10, 2016, 10:29am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from RoboCod

Worth pointing out at this stage that 4 out of 10 Trump supporters believe Clinton to be a demon. Not name calling, they believe she is an actual demon.
And Trump made a thinly veiled threat that Clinton might be shot by antagonised gun owners, amongst other threats.

All the elements of an Omen-type film

Well that says it all about clueless, fat, ignorant Americans who espouse creationism and all sorts of other excrement

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 88 - 108
MarinerMal
November 10, 2016, 11:39am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from GrimRob
Well that says it all about clueless, fat, ignorant Americans who espouse creationism and all sorts of other excrement

Trump couldn't have put it better himself  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The americans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.