11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
November 9, 2016, 10:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
It takes a clever man to play the fool. Trump will change his approach now.

Clinton was a woman that voters simply did not trust and could not trust.  She was out for power - and herself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 108
supertown
November 9, 2016, 10:26am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
And you can get high in California now to celebrate ! If you are a trump voter. Legalised marijuana today also
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 108
carrot top
November 9, 2016, 10:29am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +22 / -1
Approval: +811
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Skrill
The Clintons/DNC/Democrats deserve this for pushing aside their only true, electable candidate that was Bernie Sanders. As for Trump, obviously not the ideal face of the western-world. Although, at least Trump doesn't blame Russia for everything, nor wants to implement a no fly-zone in Syria that would cause a global war.

I agree. A no fly zone would be disastrous and Clinton would have probably pushed for it and war would have ensued.
Like somebody else said on this thread, Trump has won with the majority of the people. That's the way it works just like Brexit.
This is really an anti establishment vote

[color=black]The Ecky 1977
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 108
RoboCod
November 9, 2016, 10:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
How can anyone think this nutter may be a good choice? Which of these policies that got him elected are actually feasible, decent or even legal..

Jailing Hillary Clinton
A wall along the Mexican border PAID for by Mexico?
"Some form of punishment" for women wanting an abortion
Completely ignoring Climate Change, as it's a complete myth pushed by the Chinese.
Legalising torture.

And we're not even going into his muddled foreign policy, his 'extreme vetting' of Muslims entering the country and his outrageous greed in in his personal tax affairs and charity work.

Clinton's a lousy choice but there's something badly wrong when the alternative is clearly a celebrity madman.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 108
Garth
November 9, 2016, 10:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
The people have seen through the Clintons as what they are, I will be very surprised if her and Bill don`t get their come uppence soon regarding the three million dollar funds for her daughters wedding and where that came from.
Can now see this and other more important issues leading to a Clinton Gate, without being the President her protection has gone a very worried pair.

Regarding Trump and the day after Brexit type hysteria, the dollar will soon rocket around the World once the dust settles, the fact that they were the best two candidates put forward says a lot for American politics
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 108
ginnywings
November 9, 2016, 10:36am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
I wonder what the poor and disenfranchised (who mainly voted for him) will do when he reneges on his promises and spends the next four years making himself and his Republican mates obscenely wealthy with tax cuts and business breaks? Nothing will change and nothing surprises me in politics. This is a nation that voted in a man who played co star to a chimp and then compounded that by voting for George Bush, a man so stupid it beggars belief.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 108
supertown
November 9, 2016, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from carrot top

I agree. A no fly zone would be disastrous and Clinton would have probably pushed for it and war would have ensued.
Like somebody else said on this thread, Trump has won with the majority of the people. That's the way it works just like Brexit.
This is really an anti establishment vote

No he hasn't , 52.8 voted against him, that is not a majority. Brexit was 'first past the post ' and won by a majority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 108
grimsby pete
November 9, 2016, 10:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
What you have to remember is Trump is not a politician ,

Well he is now,

I can just imagine his first meeting with Putin,

He will pick the little man up give him a bear hug and then kiss him on the cheek,

USA and Russia will be best buddies,

Now that would be good eh ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 108
Hagrid
November 9, 2016, 10:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507

Look Hagrid, most people might agree with your opinion of Trump and he isn't my flavour of the month either.

But there were two candidates here. You need to look at why Clinton lost to see why Trump won. Clinton isn't trusted, Clinton is a proven liar over her emails and her husband, Clinton has dubious financial dealings covered up with help for decades, Clinton is an opportunist who grabs the latest trend as her own like she did with the feminist vote, Clinton isn't well.. Most of all she is irrevocably tied to a corrupt political system at the top of both parties which is something a lot of voters feel strongly about.

So before talking about Trump's failings I would suggest that people start talking about how on earth there was no decent opposition to him as a Republican and how on earth Clinton was ever thought to be a decent opponent.

Then people should think about the idiocy of the media being so tight with Clinton's campaign and involving Hollywood Z listers and singers in endorsing Clinton. Frank Sinatra nearly lost Kennedy the election in 1960 and you would think they would at least read the book and check on that before getting Taylor Thingy or whoever out there.

Dont get me wrong mate I dont like her either, i think they were both terrible representitives for there parties, but i never ever thought trump would get the vote ( and to be honest he has humiliated her hasn he)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 108
forza ivano
November 9, 2016, 10:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Maringer
The only hope is that Trump will behave in character and do the exact opposite of what he claimed he would during the campaign.

To be fair, it will be interesting to see how it pans out as the Republican establishment loathe him almost as much as the Democrats!

this.

the bizarre thing is that we are going to be relying on Ryan and his cohorts (who most Brits would regard as unelectable right wingers) to be the brake on Trump.

so many parallels with Brexit i.e. white working class were the prime movers and like here it will be them that suffer the most, as and when it goes tittts up.
the other interesting/ worrying parallel is that no expert can guide you as to what exactly is going to happen and the implications are so profound that it's impossible to map out any future - if you want an example of the type of thing we're going to face in future both here and with regards to the U.S. just look at May's visit to India -  bexiteers said once we left we could trade freely with the rest of the world and also control our immigration. What happens, yes we have the possibility of a trade deal with a huge economy but we are going to relax our visa regime with India, so more migration!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The americans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.