11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Bawmariner
November 9, 2016, 9:54am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +331
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry
There's some sad fornicators on here, you lot sound just like the remainers over here.

It's called democracy, get over it.

People can voice other opinions, even when their opinion is not agreed with by the majority.

It's called free speech get over it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 108
Chris Packit
November 9, 2016, 9:58am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -143
'We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their hearts desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.' H.L.Mencken, Baltimore Sun 26th July 1920.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 108
arryarryarry
November 9, 2016, 9:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Bawmariner

People can voice other opinions, even when their opinion is not agreed with by the majority.

No it's not it's called flipping moaning because a country's citizens have voted the opposite way to their views. Get over it.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 108
Hagrid
November 9, 2016, 9:59am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,386
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Bawmariner

well said that man, unfortunately arry never allows others to have an opinion different to his

trumps an animal, and its a sad state of affairs where this man has literally wiped the floor with Clinton and now is the most powerful man in the world
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 108
Maringer
November 9, 2016, 9:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
The only hope is that Trump will behave in character and do the exact opposite of what he claimed he would during the campaign.

To be fair, it will be interesting to see how it pans out as the Republican establishment loathe him almost as much as the Democrats!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 108
Caesar
November 9, 2016, 10:08am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from golfer
He got in because the ordinary people are p,ssed off with the establishment A lot of the issues there are the same as here. The ordinary people are in despair with the politicians and are hoping that a change can bring improvement { Brexit] The same people who wont accept Brexit are the same type of people who will be doing the complaining about the US elections. A lot of it is down to trust. Change was needed as Brexit was.You see all the Remainers will be saying Trump is an idiot etc. They wont accept anything unless they benefit from it, so they dont want change because it doesn't suit them. Brexiters along with Trump supporters are branded as racist etc.by those who don't want change

Try to avoid getting too political on here but partly true with some caveats.  

I was passionate about remaining in the European Union, campaigned for us to stay, but totally accept we should leave now.  I do think it sometimes needs stating that it wasn't a huge decisive victory and this is something that is sometimes lost in phrases like "the people have spoken".  This country was and clearly still is divided 52-48 is a tight race by anyone's measure.  However I totally accept that we have to leave the EU now, to be honest I think we also need to leave the single market and get control on immigration so hard brexit not soft as well.  Also I don't call people with concerns about immigration racist, there are problems and issues with immigration that need to be dealt with.  Sorry but as someone who was passionate for remaining I feel the the need to defend myself as being one of those remainers who calls other people racist etc.  

It isn't that people want change, it is that people are fearing change and so want to return to safer times, it is why the older more small c conservative voters were most likely to vote to leave.  The areas that voted highest to leave the EU, South Holland and the Deepings and Boston and Skegness.  Those areas happen to be the areas that have seen the highest levels of change in EU immigration in the past decade.  Change has been forced on people and people feel powerless about it so respond with reactionary moves, electing someone like Trump on a platform of make america great again, i.e. back to the values they grew up with.  Same for Brexit, we were a proud independent country before so we should go back to being that.  

People blame this establishment like it is a coordinated group which makes no sense, but they want to fight back against something and so establishment is turned into a coordinated group that needs to be defeated, when in reality this establishment is as simple as just people trying to manage change that a lot of people don't want.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 108
RichMariner
November 9, 2016, 10:13am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
We should always challenge authority.

Brexit is happening. Trump is in.

I don't like it - I have to accept it - but it's vital that he, and every other politician or person in authority, is continually challenged.

Don't confuse 'challenge' with moaning.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 36 - 108
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 9, 2016, 10:18am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Hagrid

well said that man, unfortunately arry never allows others to have an opinion different to his

trumps an animal, and its a sad state of affairs where this man has literally wiped the floor with Clinton and now is the most powerful man in the world

Look Hagrid, most people might agree with your opinion of Trump and he isn't my flavour of the month either.

But there were two candidates here. You need to look at why Clinton lost to see why Trump won. Clinton isn't trusted, Clinton is a proven liar over her emails and her husband, Clinton has dubious financial dealings covered up with help for decades, Clinton is an opportunist who grabs the latest trend as her own like she did with the feminist vote, Clinton isn't well.. Most of all she is irrevocably tied to a corrupt political system at the top of both parties which is something a lot of voters feel strongly about.

So before talking about Trump's failings I would suggest that people start talking about how on earth there was no decent opposition to him as a Republican and how on earth Clinton was ever thought to be a decent opponent.

Then people should think about the idiocy of the media being so tight with Clinton's campaign and involving Hollywood Z listers and singers in endorsing Clinton. Frank Sinatra nearly lost Kennedy the election in 1960 and you would think they would at least read the book and check on that before getting Taylor Thingy or whoever out there.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 108
supertown
November 9, 2016, 10:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,439
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Bawmariner

Not strictly true , 52.8 have voted against him so far , so it's not actually the 'majority' it's the set up of the system
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 108
November 9, 2016, 10:19am
Guest User
I heard the whole thing described as the choice between wiping your bottom with a broken bottle or a chainsaw.
Reply: 39 - 108
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The americans

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.