Tinymariner
November 7, 2016, 5:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from psgmariner
Not seen this much excitement on the fishy about a new manager since we got Newell.

I like the sound of him but I don't know who else applied or what happened in the interviews so no idea whether he was the best candidate. He is a big risk but most of the other names mentioned would have been as well. Pleased we have someone on the way up and not on the way down...

My thoughts exactly, however, I am 100% behind him as he is our manager now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 100
sonofmadeleymariner
November 7, 2016, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Agreed

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 100
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2016, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
It's a yes from me and if he would like to rent my old house from me, I'll do him a deal!
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 100
Nelly GTFC
November 7, 2016, 5:45pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Like mentioned previously, I wanted Bignot as manager back in April. All said and done I'm over the moon the way things have turned out, so a big fat yes from me!

It amazes me how different opinions can be, people saying it's the cheap option, I totally disagree.  I even said before Martin O'Neil is one big name who worked his way up from non-league, not to mention Alan Buckley.

Experienced manager or not, it's never a guarantee to success, however!  Bignots got the credentials to be a great manager for us and who knows what the future holds for him in the game.  You never know he could be the next Buckley, McMenemy or dare I even say it next Shankly.  Stay positive people.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 100
gtfc98
November 7, 2016, 5:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Like mentioned previously, I wanted Bignot as manager back in April. All said and done I'm over the moon the way things have turned out, so a big fat yes from me!

It amazes me how different opinions can be, people saying it's the cheap option, I totally disagree.  I even said before Martin O'Neil is one big name who worked his way up from non-league, not to mention Alan Buckley.

Experienced manager or not, it's never a guarantee to success, but Bignots got the credentials to be a great manager for us and who knows what the future holds for him in the game.  You never know he could be the next Buckley, McMenemy or dare I even say it next Shankly.  Stay positive people.

You've not mentioned it.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 100
HertsGTFC
November 7, 2016, 5:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,646
Gold Stars: 217
Sold! And agree,...... Incredibly positive appointment

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 100
fishkeeper
November 7, 2016, 5:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +136
completely agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 100
RoboCod
November 7, 2016, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Providing he doesn't turn out be some secret member of Mr Newell's drinking club and/or instigates any destruction of office chairs/furniture at BP then....

I'm in 100% !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 100
headingly_mariner
November 7, 2016, 5:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I'm in. I imagine a fair few on here will be having him out if he loses a couple in a row though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 100
gtfc98
November 7, 2016, 6:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

What do you want? A medal for calling for the managers head when he got us promoted?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 100
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › A commitment

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.