16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 1, 2016, 9:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Tj,they weren't only half the size of most of the clubs, they had gates of 2-300 and were almost bust. He has also had to create a structure from nothing.
You are unnecessarily disparaging about conference north.i think it may even harder to get out of conference north than the conference itself. Have you actually looked at the pub teams involved? Stockport, as big as us, Halifax FA trophy winners, darlo, Boston, fc Manchester and kiddy all capable of being top half conference. Conference regulars Nuneaton Tamworth alfreton, alty and Telford.money bag clubs like Salford fylde and Harrogate. A remarkable achievement to get them up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 159
November 1, 2016, 9:13pm
Guest User
Quoted from TJ
If we go on his record only,and not this silly mr nice guy interview that anyone could do as a pr stunt, Marcus bignot has one promotion from the conference north (which took five years), meaning if he is such a good manager, why aren't you also saying the managers who got north ferriby, Maidstone United, boreham wood, sutton United, bromley etc promoted in the last couple of years should also be candidates?, many of which did so after less than 5 years and were in a better position in the conference after 15 games than Solihull are presently, and many of whom also have previous promotions at other non-league clubs???  I'm not saying they should be at all,but what I'm saying is Marcus bignot has only done what these managers have done (and in many cases actually had less success or the same success over a longer period), what makes him so special from the record he has because I'm sorry if I'm missing something I just can't see what makes him so special? What makes him the biggest up and coming talent in non league above all these other managers if you just go on their managerial record alone? I think people are getting brainwashed by the fact he spotted Bogle (not the only good player to come out of non league in the last five years) and has done a very nice fluffy newspaper article....

Agree. I'd understand if he had turned Solihull into a team who were constantly battling it out for promotion in the division below but this would very clearly be the cheap option.
Reply: 131 - 159
Cloudy
November 1, 2016, 9:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I always thought TJ was the Lincoln fan or am I missing something?
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 159
Grantley
November 1, 2016, 9:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Boreham Wood have money. Think they host Arsenal Ladies or similar? They also had a fairly high caliber of player last season.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 159
Mariner_09
November 1, 2016, 9:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
I think it would be an excellent appointment and with an official approach being made and a midlands reporter on Humberside, and the odds coming down drastically suggests it's more imminent than a probability.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 159
MidnightMariner
November 1, 2016, 9:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +570
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Cloudy
I always thought TJ was the Lincoln fan or am I missing something?

No, your getting confused... thats where he shops TJ HUGHES lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 159
Sigone
November 1, 2016, 9:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,607
Gold Stars: 5
TJ Hooker?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 159
TJ
November 1, 2016, 9:31pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
if you guys think appointing a manager like bignot, who has only managed in the conference north and ladies football is the ambitious appointment we need now to grow the club both on the pitch and in terms of its background structure off the pitch (which quite frankly is so far behind many many lesser teams in our league) then I'm quite shocked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 159
Mariner_09
November 1, 2016, 9:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
But he's an ambitious manager who can work on a budget and seemingly get the best out of his players, they shoudl have beaten us in the trophy last season only for that cheated James Alabi goal. He'd more than likely get the best out of Omar. He's also younger, Jones or Adkins won't be as motivated to do well because their bank accounts will be healthy enough as it is.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 159
MuddyWaters
November 1, 2016, 9:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Mariner_09
But he's an ambitious manager who can work on a budget and seemingly get the best out of his players, they shoudl have beaten us in the trophy last season only for that cheated James Alabi goal. He'd more than likely get the best out of Omar. He's also younger, Jones or Adkins won't be as motivated to do well because their bank accounts will be healthy enough as it is.

How the heck are you in a position to know how motivated Jones, Adkins, Bignot or anyone else is?
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 159
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Marcus Bignot

Thread Rating

There have been 2 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.