Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Paul Hurst on becoming Shrewsbury boss
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Paul Hurst on becoming Shrewsbury boss

This thread currently has 17,171 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
October 24, 2016, 7:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from 1739

but experience of managing a successful team is a must in my opinion. Time will tell...

If they managed successful teams why are they out of work and available to manage us?. Every manager currently available must have been sacked somewhere else. Successful managers are in work and only leave clubs to move up a notch (except Paul Hurst of course)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 77
ginnywings
October 24, 2016, 7:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

If they managed successful teams why are they out of work and available to manage us?. Every manager currently available must have been sacked somewhere else. Successful managers are in work and only leave clubs to move up a notch (except Paul Hurst of course)

Two mentioned on here, Evans and Adkins are both out of work and have about 10 promotions between them. Depends on your definition of success. Not many managers are successful at every club they manage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 77
Ipswin
October 24, 2016, 7:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from ginnywings

Two mentioned on here, Evans and Adkins are both out of work and have about 10 promotions between them. Depends on your definition of success. Not many managers are successful at every club they manage.

One's a fat barsteward and a jock to boot and the other wouldn't pi$$ on us if we were on fire plus we tend to get the ones who have been successful just as they are going into their loser stage. I was over the moon when Newell was appointed...

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 77
Garth
October 24, 2016, 7:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Tommy

Exactly. Been several issues in recent years that have seen people leave the Club.

And the common denominator is.......?

He would have gone at least a couple of times one with Rob and the other this year pre Wembley if the majority of fans had got their way.
JF who I think you are referring too stood by him in those two periods and IMO has enabled him to have the opportunity to move sideways, had he have fired him then we would have still been in the conference with a new manager and he would also have stayed at that level  with another club.
He`s been a lucky manager IMO lets hope for his sake it carries on at Salop
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 77
ginnywings
October 24, 2016, 7:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Ipswin

One's a fat barsteward and a jock to boot and the other wouldn't pi$$ on us if we were on fire plus we tend to get the ones who have been successful just as they are going into their loser stage. I was over the moon when Newell was appointed...

Can't argue with any of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 77
Sigone
October 24, 2016, 8:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Best not to ask the Sheff Utd fans what they think of Madkins. Personally I hope we can persuade him to come here, his press conferences alone are legendary, the guy could find something positive to say about the "end of days" I'm sure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 77
jonnyboy82
October 24, 2016, 8:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Perkins
" Looking forward to working with good people, honest people" make of that what you will!

He's known these "good honest people" what half a day ? You only know good honest people after building up years of a relationship paul.

Oh and for what its worth we are looking forward to seeing you next year !

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 77
Mariner Ronnie
October 24, 2016, 8:29pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from jonnyboy82

He's known these "good honest people" what half a day ? You only know good honest people after building up years of a relationship paul.

Sod that, early days, we'll cross them on the way up 😚

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 77
Eastendmariner
October 24, 2016, 9:45pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
I have to say I'm still in shock and  very disappointed. I think a lot of Town Fans probably feel the same Not that Hurst has gone but the way he has departed here one minute gone the next.

Certainly not our best Manager but probably the most important in the last 6-8 years basically for achieving promotion from the hell that is non league.But looking back we have some hopefully fond memories
I think it's been a long and at times painful learning curve for us and this great club we cherish. Paul Hurst at times was very arrogant and stubborn Manager (like AB) but I am, as a loyal Town fan fully appreciate his  success last year for the Club and us the supporters.He owes us nothing but It would of been nice if he on Sat had expressed a little appreciation of our club/ Fans Knowing full well of his intentions to jump ship.
we have to be positive and press on let's hope the New Gaffer can bring stability and good football to our  beloved Mariners.

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 77
KingstonMariner
October 24, 2016, 9:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I seem to remember Newell using those words in an interview when he was appointed at Town. Stayed tuned for tie grabbing at the New Meadow.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Paul Hurst on becoming Shrewsbury boss

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.