6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
October 24, 2016, 8:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from buckstown
I've always believed in the principle that you can't over communicate. JF should have been shouting twice a day, "no approach, we have not given permission" or "we've given him permission to talk". One statement from JF and that ridiculous  nonsense from Chris Doig is appalling.
I don't understand why they can't provide clarity.

Agree, I am very surprised that some posters think the club have handled this situation well and that there is nothing to report.
The club once again treat fans as complete idiots! ( which ion my case may be true!   )
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
MuddyWaters
October 24, 2016, 9:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Cloudy

Agree, I am very surprised that some posters think the club have handled this situation well and that there is nothing to report.
The club once again treat fans as complete idiots! ( which ion my case may be true!   )

The only surprise to me is that people are surprised at how the club have handled this.

The only caveat to that might be that JF is lining his ducks up in a row to ensure that the club get what they are entitled to if there has been an illegal approach, although, from what I understand from a friend within the game, it may be that Hurst's agent approached Shrewsbury. The other issue that might be important in this is the situation of the 'rolling' contract. It's all conjecture at present, but the board may be regretting not re-negotiating the duration of the contract which might have put off potential suitors.

Whatever the outcome, we can only hope the board place massive importance in recruiting a manager who can build on what PH has done rather than penny pinch and risk taking us backwards again.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
1mickylyons
October 24, 2016, 9:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,382
Gold Stars: 56
If GTFC have received no official approach which is what they say how/why should they comment and what are they supposed to say?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
dapperz fun pub
October 24, 2016, 9:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons
If GTFC have received no official approach which is what they say how/why should they comment and what are they supposed to say?

Probably fenty being extremely cautious regarding the legality of FA rules etc still chuckling what the Shrewsbury CEO said about negotiations being unbelievably difficult at least it sounds like we got a couple of quid.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
1mickylyons
October 24, 2016, 9:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Probably fenty being extremely cautious regarding the legality of FA rules etc still chuckling what the Shrewsbury CEO said about negotiations being unbelievably difficult at least it sounds like we got a couple of quid.  

GTFC fully deserve compensating I just hope it`s a fair amount we always seem to get ripped off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 56
Cloudy
October 24, 2016, 9:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 1mickylyons

GTFC fully deserve compensating I just hope it`s a fair amount we always seem to get ripped off.

We had been told previously that Hurst had a 6 month rolling contract.

On that basis I cannot see what there is to negotiate, they pay us 6 months money, end of?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
1mickylyons
October 24, 2016, 9:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

On that basis I cannot see what there is to negotiate, they pay us 6 months money, end of?

That being the case cloudy shall we ask JF for a complimentary custard cream apiece or what?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
Maringer
October 24, 2016, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,488
Gold Stars: 185
Depends when it rolls over, I expect. Probably just a few months to pay.

Seems a bit of a rum do, all in all. Why all the faff and drama, I wonder? Was it all really done behind closed doors, with no official approach at all? Live by the sword, die by the sword, I suppose.

Anyway, I'd imagine Hurst will do OK at Shrewsbury (providing he has actually gone there!) - wouldn't surprise me if he managed to get them out of trouble as they are only 6 points back with more than two thirds of the season to play.

I just hope that we manage to get somebody competent in to replace him. Somebody with the contacts to get that extra striker in which we seem to be lacking each season would be useful! Also, somebody who realises that pace and running in central midfield is a useful asset and not something seemingly to be avoided...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
dapperz fun pub
October 24, 2016, 10:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Cloudy

They were extremely vulnerable in that they desperately needed a manager within days so yes pay off the rolling contract and I think some amount of compensation as well , probs akro akro back on loan til the end of the season  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
KingstonMariner
October 25, 2016, 7:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

IF that is he case then ok but clearly there is something going on?  Nobody gets to 10/1 ON in any market unless there is , in this case, the minimum of talks don't you agree.

Even if the club said 'we are aware of the media speculation ( Fenty is always reading these pages) and Shrewsbury have spoken to GTFC directly/indirectly and are working hard to resolve  the situation. An update will be given by 5pm on Monday'

I am surprised that you, given your criticism of the board/club in the past, seem to be suggesting you agree that Shrewsbury haven't made any approach for PH and there is nothing happening??

I criticise and praise where I think it's due. The statement 'no contact has been made' may have been true at the time the statement was made, though obviously there was one afterwards and then the lack of comments thereafter may be criticised.  If the club didn't offer and update to say they had received an approach later on, they might be queering the pitch in case PH didn't move.

I wasn't suggesting Shrewsbury hadn't been in contact with PH and that nothing was happening.

On reflection, for once I think it's probably best for the club to have a policy of not commenting on any possible appointments and departures of specific staff unless and until it happens.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Karl Robinson leaves role as MK Dons manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.