This thread currently has 10,247 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
October 23, 2016, 10:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
I've heard something similar dapperz but more that they've been frozen out rather than suspended.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
Cloudy
October 23, 2016, 10:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
One or two reports about the mullens aswell being suspended from the board   again hearsay but coming from different angles ???

Not sure about the suspended bit but there has certainly been a fall out
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
moosey_club
October 23, 2016, 10:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,211
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Cloudy

Not sure about the suspended bit but there has certainly been a fall out

IF Hurst has gone...i say if.....and with Mr Mullen declaring on TV  last season PH was the greatest manager on earth ever in the history of the game ever of all time ( or similar words that indicated he was a fan of Hurst)... then.... IF there has been a fall out..i say IF....there has been a fall out in the oak panelled corridors of power a BP ...then perhaps that could be why.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
KingstonMariner
October 23, 2016, 11:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Cloudy

It would make be even more angry!!
If their has been no contact/talks then why haven't the club said so? Silence is defeating although I guess it has quashed the talk about the boardroom fall out

The club has said no approach has been made. They can't say any more than that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
dapperz fun pub
October 23, 2016, 11:50pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from LH
I've heard something similar dapperz but more that they've been frozen out rather than suspended.

Quoting what I read pal I have no confirmation of this what so ever could be total bollox
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
LH
October 23, 2016, 11:55pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
Me too. You do hear some balderdash on those terraces at BP but occasionally some truth!
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
Cloudy
October 24, 2016, 6:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The club has said no approach has been made. They can't say any more than that.

IF that is he case then ok but clearly there is something going on?  Nobody gets to 10/1 ON in any market unless there is , in this case, the minimum of talks don't you agree.

Even if the club said 'we are aware of the media speculation ( Fenty is always reading these pages) and Shrewsbury have spoken to GTFC directly/indirectly and are working hard to resolve  the situation. An update will be given by 5pm on Monday'

I am surprised that you, given your criticism of the board/club in the past, seem to be suggesting you agree that Shrewsbury haven't made any approach for PH and there is nothing happening??
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
Mikey_345
October 24, 2016, 8:31am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,308
Gold Stars: 100
Let's be fair; if they say there is no approach then thats good enough for me that there was no approach. At the time of making the statement anyway.

I mean we'd interviewed Hurst and Scott well before we approached Boston.... Not beyond Hurst to be doing the same thing he did there!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
RoboCod
October 24, 2016, 8:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Mikey_345
Let's be fair; if they say there is no approach then thats good enough for me that there was no approach. At the time of making the statement anyway.

I mean we'd interviewed Hurst and Scott well before we approached Boston.... Not beyond Hurst to be doing the same thing he did there!

But did the Boston chairman deny Towns approach at the time? As I remember he was livid at the whole situation. It's looking pretty clear that Hurst was approached, now it's all down to whether it was official or not.
Fenty claims he had no official approach, and has added nothing more, he needs to get this bit right.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
buckstown
October 24, 2016, 8:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,172
Gold Stars: 79
I've always believed in the principle that you can't over communicate. JF should have been shouting twice a day, "no approach, we have not given permission" or "we've given him permission to talk". One statement from JF and that ridiculous  nonsense from Chris Doig is appalling.
I don't understand why they can't provide clarity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Karl Robinson leaves role as MK Dons manager

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.