Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Loan strikers
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 195 Guests

Loan strikers

This thread currently has 2,978 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
October 22, 2016, 7:05pm
Guest User
Why do all the loan strikers that come to Grimsby fail to score, the list is endless. Send them back or put them on the bench and let's back our contracted players. The two yorkie lads we have are hopeless. Is Lennie on the mend yet?
ginnywings
October 22, 2016, 7:09pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from 28195
Why do all the loan strikers that come to Grimsby fail to score, the list is endless. Send them back or put them on the bench and let's back our contracted players. The two yorkie lads we have are hopeless. Is Lennie on the mend yet?

Just made a similar comment on another thread. Vernon must be utter shite if he can't oust the current non scoring strikers. I think he looked decent in that first home game and looked quite clever.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
October 22, 2016, 7:11pm
Guest User
Vernon and Bogle should start together, not sure why this hasn't happened yet?
Reply: 2 - 11
HertsGTFC
October 22, 2016, 9:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from 28195

Agree, worth a punt at least.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
grimsby pete
October 22, 2016, 9:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from 28195

Because Hurst has no idea on how an attack should work,

Defend  Defend Defend is all he thinks about,

Hoping we will nick one to win 1-0.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Mariner_09
October 22, 2016, 9:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I really cannot believe this, yesterday he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, now the Hurst out lot are back, this guy got us promoted has solidified our position in this league (short term at least). He signed one of the hottest prospects in non league in Bogle and is now being labelled as tactically inept and therefore he has run his course, because of one sodding game in which could have gone either way. I'm sick of the fickle nature of football fans and the totally obtuse view that we take of Mr Fenty who was very happy when we got promoted but for every decision (not even bad one) but every decision he gets slaughtered. Without his money the club would be dead and without Hursty still in non league if he'd have bowed down to the repeated but injudicious calls to get rid of him. He was a tactical genius last week and now totally useless. Make your bloody minds up.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 22, 2016, 10:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Not sure anybody on this particular thread has calledPH tactically inept however it is hard to put forward a strong case for the continued inclusion of the loan players most notably Tuton who is surely one of the worst strikers in our history.

I cannot argue that he got town back where us fans believe we belong but the continued abysmal home performances will ultimately drive away a significant proportion of the home crowd and appear to be a continuation of previous seasons where our away form exceeds that at BP.

Game after game our midfield is overrun and outplayed but to date I have seen nothing in the home matches that would make me want to retain either Berrett or Summerfield in midfield or Tuton anywhere near the match squad.

Crying out for Vose to play more centrally with Browne given an outing with Dis & QPR lad sitting deep with Vernon given a run alongside Bogle. Not been to away games which tactics appear to work but its at BP where the majority need a lift.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 22, 2016, 10:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Not sure anybody on this particular thread has calledPH tactically inept however it is hard to put forward a strong case for the continued inclusion of the loan players most notably Tuton who is surely one of the worst strikers in our history.

I cannot argue that he got town back where us fans believe we belong but the continued abysmal home performances will ultimately drive away a significant proportion of the home crowd and appear to be a continuation of previous seasons where our away form exceeds that at BP.

Game after game our midfield is overrun and outplayed but to date I have seen nothing in the home matches that would make me want to retain either Berrett or Summerfield in midfield or Tuton anywhere near the match squad.

Crying out for Vose to play more centrally with Browne given an outing with Dis & QPR lad sitting deep with Vernon given a run alongside Bogle. Not been to away games which tactics appear to work but its at BP where the majority need a lift.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
diehardmariner
October 23, 2016, 8:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,575
Gold Stars: 537
Jackson still looks a threat, in his wide role yesterday he was very promising in the first half.  Not sure he justified keeping two natural wingers on the bench though.  

Tuton seems to be going backwards with each performance, which is a shame as he looked the business on his debut. I wonder how different it could have been had he taken that early chance.  

Vernon and Bogle for me.   Bogle's trying to be all the striking roles in one at the minute. We just need him to concentrate on scoring goals.  If not Vernon,  then Vose just off Bogle.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
MuddyWaters
October 23, 2016, 8:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Berrett was doing fine yesterday until he was, once again, shunted out wide to go 442. In fact the whole team was doing fine till we went 442 and direct, we had dominated the first exchanges and made the best chances. Summerfield should have gone off (he was having a shocker) and why Browne hasn't been given a chance is beyond me.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Loan strikers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.