This thread currently has 3,099 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
September 30, 2016, 3:00pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Live on BT Sport2 playing for Motherwell v Hearts tonight if anyone fancied having a watch. Must say that I was surprised to see Craig Clay given a contract there and he's started every game recently.

Not sure what that says about the quality of Scottish football but when I was on holiday up there a couple of weeks ago, I took in the Livingston v Brechin City game, which at the time was 2nd v 1st in their 3rd tier and it was probably one of the worst games I have ever seen and I've certainly seen some stinkers in my time.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
MARINERSMAN22
September 30, 2016, 4:29pm
Wembley 2K15 Centre Box <3
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: -395
Clay actually impressed me with his work rate. He wasn't as good on the ball as some others but he was certainly up for a more physical game

Wembley2K15 Centre Box

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
grimsby pete
September 30, 2016, 4:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Les Brechin

Not sure what that says about the quality of Scottish football but when I was on holiday up there a couple of weeks ago, I took in the Livingston v Brechin City game, which at the time was 2nd v 1st in their 3rd tier and it was probably one of the worst games I have ever seen and I've certainly seen some stinkers in my time.

What team was you supporting Les ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
Les Brechin
September 30, 2016, 4:34pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from grimsby pete

What team was you supporting Les ?  

Not sure, I was a bit confused as both sets of fans used the same turnstile!  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Hagrid
September 30, 2016, 4:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
I beat you les! I went to see Annan V EastStirlingshire last year and it was dire, Annan play on 3G and both sides were hopeless, Scottish League 2 it was and I think east Stirling actually ended up being relegated completely out of the league replaced by Edinburgh city?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
golfer
September 30, 2016, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from Les Brechin
Live on BT Sport2 playing for Motherwell v Hearts tonight if anyone fancied having a watch. Must say that I was surprised to see Craig Clay given a contract there and he's started every game recently.

Actually craig is playing a more attacking role than the instructions he was playing to when playing for Town. The manager and the fans are very pleased with his performances so far, in fact he has played in every game this season. Stability in a team does help a players performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
HertsGTFC
September 30, 2016, 7:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,638
Gold Stars: 217
I've seen some bits on Sky etc.... Looks like they are having an impact, good lads both deserve some success!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
LH
September 30, 2016, 7:35pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I used to work with a lad who had never previously played to a great level but was signed by Elgin City and played a season for them including a game at Ibrox. I think basically if you own a pair of boots and you're sober on a Saturday afternoon up there you've got a good chance of playing in the SFL.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
promotion plaice
September 30, 2016, 8:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Les Brechin

Just started watching, Town got a mention as one of Tait's former clubs.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
BottesfordMariner
September 30, 2016, 8:28pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
I think the commentator, Derek Rae, must be a bit of a closet Town fan.

I keep flicking between this game and the Everton/Palace match and he has mentioned Clay and Tait in particular as former Grimsby Town players as least 3 times that I have heard. He did the same the last Motherwell game i saw (v Celtic) last month. Plenty of references to the Mariners whenever he can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Clay and Richard Tait

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.