3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MARINERSMAN22
September 30, 2016, 9:33am
Wembley 2K15 Centre Box <3
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: -395
He's said he is open to staying longer with us. Does anyone know how long his contract at QPR is?

Wembley2K15 Centre Box

Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
September 30, 2016, 11:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
I'm guessing he means extending his loan til May.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Kris2
September 30, 2016, 12:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Certainly wouldn't mind being able to keep him until the end of the season, he's a really solid young player who seems to get better with each game he plays so getting competitive games is definitely beneficial for him and he has the right attitude you want for a loan player, he works hard and isn't of the "oh well I'm getting games to showcase myself I don't really care what happens to the team" mercenary mindset.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
mariner83
September 30, 2016, 12:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Link to the article
[url=http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/loan-ranger-comley-feels-right-at-home-with-the-mariners/story-29763983-detail/story.html]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/loan-ranger-comley-feels-right-at-home-with-the-mariners/story-29763983-detail/story.html[/url]

Tried to copy/paste the text so people could avoid the site but it won't let me  
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Davec
September 30, 2016, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
I rate Comley very highly, been very very impressed so far.

His contract at QPR expires end of this season, could we sneakily sign him on a free transfer ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
Les Brechin
September 30, 2016, 2:53pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Davec
I rate Comley very highly, been very very impressed so far.

His contract at QPR expires end of this season, could we sneakily sign him on a free transfer ?

We could well be in the same Division as QPR next season.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
Southwark Mariner
September 30, 2016, 3:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Shall we give their manager a call, see what the deal is with his contract?..Maybe a few notes in his hand will do the trick.

Allegedly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
MARINERSMAN22
September 30, 2016, 4:28pm
Wembley 2K15 Centre Box <3
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: -395
Looking at the age of some of our players, and if we sign Comley on a longer deal, we could have a very promising young squad for when the old guard of Dis, Collins move on. Hurst is building something special

Wembley2K15 Centre Box

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Balthazar Bullitt
September 30, 2016, 4:30pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -1
Approval: +2,260
Gold Stars: 16
BRANDON Comley is loving life at Grimsby Town – and he's not ruling out extending his stay at Blundell Park.

The 20-year-old midfielder is on loan with the Mariners from QPR until January, having joined on transfer deadline day last month.

And since making his debut in the 2-2 draw at Notts County, Comley has been a permanent fixture in Paul Hurst's side, starting all five of Town's most recent outings in League Two.

Having made an immediate impact in his second loan spell away from Loftus Road, the midfielder is confident he can still break into the first team with his parent club.

But, with things going well so far in Cleethorpes, Comley is also open to extending his stay with Town.

"Once January comes, we'll see what happens," Comley told the Telegraph.

"If they want me, I'm sure I'll probably stay around. But we'll see what happens, you never know what might happen with my own club.

image: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/276369/binaries/33152396.jpg

"At the moment, I'm loving what I'm doing right now – I'm loving playing here, and it's a brilliant club. I'm sure in the future it will work itself out."

You only have to look at Comley's celebrations in the 1-0 win over Newport County on Tuesday night to see how much he's enjoying life.

The midfielder has clearly taken to life away from London well – and even feels there might be something in the old saying of people being friendlier 'up north'!

"Everyone in the team has been great to me, and the coaches have made me feel so welcome.

"The people around here are very nice as well. It's different to London, everyone's trying to be friendly and kind to you, so it's not been hard to settle in!

"But I'm here to play football and I just want to get lots of minutes under my belt, so I'm not worried about where I am."

It's not the first time Comley has plied his trade in League Two.

The 20-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Carlisle United, where he made 12 appearances as the Cumbrians finished just outside the Play-Off places.

It was there that he was coached by Keith Curle, who had already worked with Brandon's brother James at Crystal Palace.

"He's a great guy. He instils a lot of confidence in his players, and I don't have a bad thing to say about him.

"He got me playing, and he made me feel a lot more confident on the ball. He was the guy who gave me my first opportunity to go out on loan, so I owe a lot to him."

Having already gained valuable experience in League Two, Comley now feels confident that the Mariners can push on after their encouraging start to life back in the Football League.

"At the moment, if we carry on doing what we're doing, with the application that we're showing, why can't we push for promotion or the Play-Offs?

"There are really good players out there, we've just got to keep turning up every week and putting in the same performances and it'll take care of itself."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
Cloudy
September 30, 2016, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MARINERSMAN22
Looking at the age of some of our players, and if we sign Comley on a longer deal, we could have a very promising young squad for when the old guard of Dis, Collins move on. Hurst is building something special

I see to have read somewhere that we have, or at least had at the start of the season, the oldest squad in league 2
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Comley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.