welcome back

This thread currently has 1,428 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
hufc39
September 29, 2016, 7:20pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +5
First all well done on getting back into the league. Good to have a proper club back in the league. Good to see their is a bit of edge to the game on Saturday although not a derby match it might as well be for us the distances we have to travel. It did make me chuckle going on about our away support and how we were non league in all but name. It might have something to do with the fact we have played plymouth, Exeter, Yeovil, Stevenage and Crewe on a Tuesday night. I'm sure you will take more to these games, lot closer, novelty factor etc but people saying its embarrassing obviously haven't a clue how bad we have been the last 7 years. Last two matches at York 120 mile round trip saw 1800 and 1700 and Carlisle saw 2100 and 650 on a Tuesday night. Our last proper derby game at darlo we sold out completely 3800 so were hardly tin pot. Not saying we have fantastic support or anything but its quite a lot better than people realise. Just on Saturdays game over 200 tickets have been sold pre game and plenty more will travel on the day. Like I've said one of our closer games this year. Anyway best of luck for the season and thanks for nsiala looks like he could be a top signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Fat Cobra
September 29, 2016, 7:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / -28
Approval: -1,479
Top signing for the discipline table. Hope you enjoy him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
golfer
September 29, 2016, 7:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Top signing for the discipline table. Hope you enjoy him.

HFUC--3-0 saturday--try to teach your OTHER supporter how to spell his name.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
jonnyboy82
September 29, 2016, 8:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
From what i have read they dont see what the fuss was with nsiala.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Mrs Doyle
September 29, 2016, 8:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Be nice to see a few away fans for once.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
grimps
September 29, 2016, 8:56pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
I can remember you lot coming last game of the season in 1989 and all wearing Hankies on your heads , was that where you last game fancy dress thing started ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
hufc39
September 29, 2016, 9:04pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +5
I'm not sure when it started really. Only really took of a few year ago when a picture of 250 Smurfs was seen round the world on the London underground. Seems to be getting bigger every year. It has turned a meaningless end of season game into one of the biggest away followings of the season now. Its certainly well organised.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Marinerz93
September 29, 2016, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from hufc39
First all well done on getting back into the league. Good to have a proper club back in the league. Good to see their is a bit of edge to the game on Saturday although not a derby match it might as well be for us the distances we have to travel. It did make me chuckle going on about our away support and how we were non league in all but name. It might have something to do with the fact we have played plymouth, Exeter, Yeovil, Stevenage and Crewe on a Tuesday night. I'm sure you will take more to these games, lot closer, novelty factor etc but people saying its embarrassing obviously haven't a clue how bad we have been the last 7 years. Last two matches at York 120 mile round trip saw 1800 and 1700 and Carlisle saw 2100 and 650 on a Tuesday night. Our last proper derby game at darlo we sold out completely 3800 so were hardly tin pot. Not saying we have fantastic support or anything but its quite a lot better than people realise. Just on Saturdays game over 200 tickets have been sold pre game and plenty more will travel on the day. Like I've said one of our closer games this year. Anyway best of luck for the season and thanks for nsiala looks like he could be a top signing.

The tinpot jibe was started by your fans and was reciprocated with a few facts  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › welcome back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.