5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
September 28, 2016, 1:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
The home support this Season has been pretty good numbers wise so far but we should be pulling in a thousand more and packing out the home stands every game.We need to keep dragging friends and family to BP folks it`s going to be key to further success so ROUND EM UP!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Golden fox
September 28, 2016, 2:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
This is were the club miss a trick . IMO you have to strike while it's hot : Offers for odd games like the Hartlepool one , big promotions /publicity (playing on the old lads coming back)  online and via the telegraph etc . I'm not saying do it every week , as we know it would 'de-value' the product for season ticket holders . Not a harsh criticism , just an observation on were we could improve things a tiny bit . As I've stated before -  things are going well , with most aspects at present but no time for complacency . UTM . Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
gary_elton
September 28, 2016, 2:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
back to the old " pick 3 games in advance for a 10% discount " chestnut....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
September 28, 2016, 2:31pm
Guest User
Hover around the top 6 and they will come. Especially when we start playing the "bigger" clubs in the division. Happy days.
Reply: 3 - 46
moosey_club
September 28, 2016, 2:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Golden fox
This is were the club miss a trick . IMO you have to strike while it's hot : Offers for odd games like the Hartlepool one , big promotions /publicity (playing on the old lads coming back)  online and via the telegraph etc . I'm not saying do it every week , as we know it would 'de-value' the product for season ticket holders . Not a harsh criticism , just an observation on were we could improve things a tiny bit . As I've stated before -  things are going well , with most aspects at present but no time for complacency . UTM . Fox

Its too late...all this was missed pre season....we are back to hardcore fans supporting the club week in week out...it needs momentum on the pitch now to build a buzz around the Town and pull in the extra's.....if the odd one off promo coincides with a performance like Crewe then you gain nothing.....two dullish 1-0 wins by means of a penalty gains little.....
Exciting wins or slapping the opposition by a handful is what we need at home now to draw additional numbers.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
Golden fox
September 28, 2016, 2:44pm
Lager Top Drinker
I agree Moosey to a point but obviously we can't go back now . I  believe there's potential here to get 6-7k regularly , if things are done 'full throttle ' so to speak . Not just resting on our laurels , happy to get by on the regular 4500 . Is there any 'fans for the future ' schemes for example ? We see a lot of clubs doing this nowadays.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
1mickylyons
September 28, 2016, 2:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Its too late...all this was missed pre season....we are back to hardcore fans supporting the club week in week out...it needs momentum on the pitch now to build a buzz around the Town and pull in the extra's.....if the odd one off promo coincides with a performance like Crewe then you gain nothing.....two dullish 1-0 wins by means of a penalty gains little.....
Exciting wins or slapping the opposition by a handful is what we need at home now to draw additional numbers.

On about the buzz last night`s game not the best you will see late Town winner everyone leaving that ground barring the 30 odd sheep was buzzing.Two games in a week is a lot of money for fans in this area a bit of foresight from the Club why not sell the 1200 Osmond seats as a two for £30 offer and in recompense all STH a free pie or pt?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
1mickylyons
September 28, 2016, 2:49pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Golden fox
I agree Moosey to a point but obviously we can't go back now . I  believe there's potential here to get 6-7k regularly , if things are done 'full throttle ' so to speak . Not just resting on our laurels , happy to get by on the regular 4500 . Is there any 'fans for the future ' schemes for example ? We see a lot of clubs doing this nowadays.

Something needs doing and quick I wont knock the Trust they have been brilliant for GTFC but this dialogue so I was lead to believe started after Wembley and we still haven't got anything sorted.Your die hards will always come but the core support could quite easily be shifted from 3-4k to nearer 6k with a bit of leg work.I for one want to see BP bat out it`s days as full as possible that way everyone benefits and the Club need to get on board because a 6k average gate will be another nail in the NIMBY`S coffin regarding a new ground and the argument it isn`t required.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
Golden fox
September 28, 2016, 3:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Good points like I said it's not a personal slate on anyone . I think people who do so much good for the club get irked when things are put across as they are not doing enough . I admittedly don't put as much time into the club as they do and think their efforts are admirable . But there has to be forward thinking ideas which capture people's imagination .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
moosey_club
September 28, 2016, 4:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Unfortunately....the operation 3K wet weekend and other potentially enterprising ideas were or are not just followed through....i suppose its because "a small vocal minority " are raising them.  

Up the prices, they will come.... we are in the League now....was what we essentially got.

Bores the @rse off me how un-enterprising the club can be at times.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Home Support

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.