2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
September 28, 2016, 12:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,260
Gold Stars: 54
First real test for the much maligned local plod this Saturday since the Sheff Utd debacle. The monkey hangers will have 4-500 fans and could include a sizeable element of yobs . I would expect the away fans to be rounded up and placed in one of the CLPS boozers but with around 5k home fans also likely to be in attendance this is a test getting the 2 sets of fans to and from the ground.God knows how they used to manage the games when we often had gates over 10k with 3k away fans but I anticipate problems with roads being blocked off after the game etc.Strange old world but the single thing that`s caused most of the match day problems for the Police seems to be the Imp closing down?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner Timsky
September 28, 2016, 12:26pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Hartlepool travel that well in numbers!?!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
1mickylyons
September 28, 2016, 12:28pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Hartlepool travel that well in numbers!?!

I would assume so much less than 400 would be a effin disgrace  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
LH
September 28, 2016, 12:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I very much doubt they'll bring 400. Not believing anyone on an anonymous internet forum that also believes we are a feeder club to them.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
totalidiot
September 28, 2016, 12:38pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +341
I would expect away fans who are identified as likely trouble causers to be rounded up and put in a boozer as you put it.

I would expect other fans from hartlepool to be left well alone to do what they like and enjoy their day out.

Hope we don't ever stoop to the depths of certain other police forces such as some of saturdays incidents.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
GrimRob
September 28, 2016, 12:39pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Have Hartlepool really got a "sizeable element of yobs"? Hartlepool  and sizeable are two words that are rarely combined.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 19
barralad
September 28, 2016, 12:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from LH
I very much doubt they'll bring 400. Not believing anyone on an anonymous internet forum that also believes we are a feeder club to them.

It's one of their nearest away games-can only think of Carlisle/Accrington nearer (maybe Morecambe).  I'd expect/hope for that number.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
September 28, 2016, 12:56pm
Guest User
They brought some idiots last time. I seem to recall them beating up an OAP near the ground. Seriously.
Reply: 7 - 19
1mickylyons
September 28, 2016, 1:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from GrimRob
Have Hartlepool really got a "sizeable element of yobs"? Hartlepool  and sizeable are two words that are rarely combined.

I seem to recall last time they came here their was trouble on or around the seafront?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 28, 2016, 1:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I seem to recall last time they came here their was trouble on or around the seafront?

That was pure excitement. Some of them had never seen a proper sea front with a pier and all that, their own was only used for picking bits of coal out of the sand.  

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Police Sat

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.