No Members and 216 Guests

Score on Saturday?
Hartlepool 3 - 0 Grimsby (3 votes)
20.00%
Hartlepool 4 - 0 Grimsby (0 votes)
0%
Hartlepool 5 - 0 Grimsby (0 votes)
0%
Hartlepool 8 - 1 Grimsby (Surely we won't beat you 8-1 again??) (3 votes)
20.00%
Hartlepool 15 - 0 Grimsby (9 votes)
60.00%
15 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll
Voting in this poll has ended.

Feeder Club

This thread currently has 7,457 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MonkeyHanger1908
September 28, 2016, 12:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -281
Quoted from ginnywings
I've never had a problem with Hartlepool but i remember when we got promoted back to the league and someone linking to a thread on their website describing us as "tinpot", which made me smile considering where they are and their history, coupled with their support. The fact that a few of our ex players have ended up there just adds some extra spice to what i considered a run of the mill fixture in the past.

Nothing wrong with a bit of spice! Amond hasn't found the net as much as we expected but his work rate is fantastic, hit the post last night after a great save. Can see him bagging against youse, ex players always do us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 53
MeanwoodMariner
September 28, 2016, 12:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
I found the poll quite funny tbh. And I agree with the point that the ex-players things gives the games a bit of spice to raise its status a little. I think even the most diehard Hartlepool fan would acknowledge they are a non-league club in all but name and I genuinely hope they can beat the drop this year. The league needs plucky triers like them to give it a bit of character.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
psgmariner
September 28, 2016, 12:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Agreed.

It's great to see these small clubs punch above their weight in the face of such adversity (e.g. small crowds and season after season without anything to celebrate). Well done to all involved for sticking with it and I wish them all the best in beating the drop again this season.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
MeanwoodMariner
September 28, 2016, 12:36pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MonkeyHanger1908
Another thick Grimsby fan!... Those numbers are taken from 5 away games, 3 of which were Exeter, Plymouth and Yeovil. Not going to waste my time looking up the mileage   Idiot

We take more away to games we boycott.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
GrimRob
September 28, 2016, 12:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Feed the Bogle and he will score. That's the only feeder

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 53
Les Brechin
September 28, 2016, 12:47pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,702
Gold Stars: 174
Another 1-0 with McKeown saving a stopping time penalty from Amond.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
jaygy
September 28, 2016, 1:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
I don't quite understand all this animosity between the two sets of fans, I very much doubt there will be any of it on the pitch as those players that played for us last season were part of a tight knit squad who together won promotion back to the FL so I expect a good game of football but nothing other than that tbh. The fans will maybe try and add spice to it and it would be great to beat them but that's the same on any match day so nothing changes for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
1mickylyons
September 28, 2016, 1:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from jaygy
I don't quite understand all this animosity between the two sets of fans, I very much doubt there will be any of it on the pitch as those players that played for us last season were part of a tight knit squad who together won promotion back to the FL so I expect a good game of football but nothing other than that tbh. The fans will maybe try and add spice to it and it would be great to beat them but that's the same on any match day so nothing changes for me

Look don't dampen it down it`s ages since we got to Lord it over the Gimps so this Season Pool and Donny will provide the entertainment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
Marinerz93
September 28, 2016, 4:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Jesus says it will be...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/i9rffSV.gif[/img]

2-0 to the Mighty Mariners!

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
Paris Mariner
September 28, 2016, 7:40pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I found the poll quite funny tbh. And I agree with the point that the ex-players things gives the games a bit of spice to raise its status a little. I think even the most diehard Hartlepool fan would acknowledge they are a non-league club in all but name and I genuinely hope they can beat the drop this year. The league needs plucky triers like them to give it a bit of character.

They've been a league club for decades.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Feeder Club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.