1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
September 26, 2016, 10:23am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Great to hear a much more positive PH this season just listened to his after match comments Saturday and nice to hear him once again praising the away support. Just wait til were League 1 Paul it will only get better mate.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hertsmariner
September 26, 2016, 11:00am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
Like most of us, Paul knows how fickle support can be but he, and the team, must be inspired by the underlying tide of goodwill there is among Town fans and the tremendous support the club attracts 'on the road'. Whilst even I had a 'wobble' after the team's defeat at home to Braintree in the play-offs, I have always enjoyed his down-to-earth realism in interviews whilst expressing his faith, at least in public, in the quality of his players. Most importantly, he did a fine re-building job over the summer to meet the new challenges, whilst Gary Johnson at Cheltenham was seemingly oblivious to the step-up in quality his team required. Whilst Paul can now 'tweak' the squad if need be in January, GJ potentially has a much more complex puzzle to solve. Paul is certainly proving to be a much more astute manager than many on here have previously given him credit for.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
1mickylyons
September 26, 2016, 1:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Hertsmariner
Like most of us, Paul knows how fickle support can be but he, and the team, must be inspired by the underlying tide of goodwill there is among Town fans and the tremendous support the club attracts 'on the road'. Whilst even I had a 'wobble' after the team's defeat at home to Braintree in the play-offs, I have always enjoyed his down-to-earth realism in interviews whilst expressing his faith, at least in public, in the quality of his players. Most importantly, he did a fine re-building job over the summer to meet the new challenges, whilst Gary Johnson at Cheltenham was seemingly oblivious to the step-up in quality his team required. Whilst Paul can now 'tweak' the squad if need be in January, GJ potentially has a much more complex puzzle to solve. Paul is certainly proving to be a much more astute manager than many on here have previously given him credit for.  

You make some excellent points Hertsmariner.One thing though with GJ you are talking about a very shrewd and experienced Manager used to building a team on a shoe string and he wont panic buy.I would suggest he went into this Season giving last Season`s players the benefit of the doubt and see how they went and hoping they could do a Brizzle Rovers and if not he could tweak in January .Supporters at all Clubs can be fickle me included but Town will never get relegated from League 2 under PH and I can only see us getting better and better overtime we just need to carry on backing his judgement and having a bit of patience.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positive PH

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.