Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 154 Guests

Cheltenham

This thread currently has 4,272 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
September 25, 2016, 1:12pm
Guest User
Long way to go yet, but they could be in a relegation battle soon if they're not careful.
chipsandgravy
September 25, 2016, 2:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +3,538
Gold Stars: 34
And it wasn't long ago on here that people was lauding the tactical expertise of their manager. Funny old game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
September 25, 2016, 2:12pm
Guest User
We couldn't get near them last year. think they kept pretty much the same team this season. So much for consistency.
Reply: 2 - 16
Mrs Doyle
September 25, 2016, 2:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Because they romped away in the conf probably thought they wouldn't need to change much. Maybe did us a favour touch wood Hursty seems to have strengthened where reqd still early days yet but I feel we have improved vastly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
September 25, 2016, 2:21pm
Guest User
PH has made a number of very large calls and he's been proven right on every occasion.
Reply: 4 - 16
Abdul19
September 25, 2016, 2:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Agree with Mrs Doyle. I suppose if you win a league by 73 points the natural inclination is to keep things the same. We won 2 games having been shite since January. Common sense really by PH.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 25, 2016, 5:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Looking on their fans forum, some of their fans are quite pessimistic but they have their optimists as well. They didn't make enough summer signings but nobody really seems to know why that is.

Gary Johnson isn't a mug so perhaps there's more to it than meets the eye.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
Cloudy
September 25, 2016, 5:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Still early days IMO. Lots of settling down yet.

At present I am happy we won't be in a scrap to stay up and maybe, just maybe we could at least challenge for the play offs.

Certainly need to take at least 4 points from next 2 home games
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
mariner91
September 25, 2016, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Shows that there is actually a massive gulf between the conference and L2. The team we've got now would comfortably beat last season's side IMO and we're sat midtable currently.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
KingstonMariner
September 26, 2016, 12:03am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think the simplest explanation is Johnson IS a good and very experienced manager, and made the best of his resources. At Conference level, with the parachute payment, Cheltenham had a budget in the same ballpark as us. Back in the League they are a middling-smallish club and don't have our resources.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cheltenham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.