5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
September 24, 2016, 2:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,388
Gold Stars: 527
To car! Great win, really solid defensive display against what was a poor Mansfield side but I never thought we looked in trouble bar a shaky first 10 minutes , we didn't do much going forward but got the penalty which omar dispatched well and then chambers went through 2nd half and god only knows why he didn't shoot , defended from.the front to cope with long balls and free kicks into the box. Good to get that clean sheet, fans as always terrific in stark contrast to stags awful support, and great to see players and staff appreciation at the end for the the travelling black and white, UTM we really are back in the league
Logged Offline
Private Message
hheh2
September 24, 2016, 2:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Great 3 points today and just outside the playoffs no less

Looking at our coming fixtures reaching the playoffs are a definite possibility!

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
newarkmariner
September 24, 2016, 3:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
happy with that,looked solid at the back,Davis was awesome,Collins looks very reassured and was always talking,fans excellent as always,as for the Mansfield fans oh dear,UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
headingly_mariner
September 24, 2016, 3:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,319
Gold Stars: 113
Good win, didn't play particularly well but we were hardworking enough to win. Mansfield are shite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
barralad
September 24, 2016, 3:53pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Back on train. Good defensive display. Collins looks like he has the nous to steady the ship at the back. Macca much more confident going for the ball. We do however lack defensive pace and in the first half particularly Mansfield used their nippy winger to good effect. Pity his team mates weren't really up to the job. The penalty came due to Bogle's sheer persistence and was very well put away. In truth Town didn't offer much going forward especially in the second half where some of the clearances had the sense of desperation about them. Fans were magnificent...again but I was scratching my head at what must have been a couple of hundred stood behind the stand supping beers during the game. The first bloke I encountered on my way for a p*ss asked me what the score was! Each to their own.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
Cloudy
September 24, 2016, 4:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Fully deserved 3 points for me against a poor and lethargic Mansfield side.

MOM for me was Davies but also thought the back 5 in general were good and repeller any threats with ease.

We weren't great going forward and although Jackson tried and stretched their back four His touch was often lacking.

Omar was a real handful and Summerfield had a much better game.

Mansfield put Hoban on and all he did was foul off the ball.

Can't believe the announced crowd. Not sure we're their 3000 fans were hiding??

We MUST now capitalise and get 3 points on Tuesday

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
lew chaterleys lover
September 24, 2016, 4:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
One of those games where the result was better than the performance, but even so I think we just deserved to win.

Collins made a big difference at the back; always talking and organising and a no nonsense competitor.

Considering they were above us in the table, and we were away from home it is a great result.  

I am not sure who the best partner is for Bogle; Jackson didn't shine today, neither did Tuton last week. I wonder if Vernon might be worth another try for his hold up play?

Anyway, well done to all.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
Cloudy
September 24, 2016, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
One of those games where the result was better than the performance, but even so I think we just deserved to win.

Collins made a big difference at the back; always talking and organising and a no nonsense competitor.

Considering they were above us in the table, and we were away from home it is a great result.  

I am not sure who the best partner is for Bogle; Jackson didn't shine today, neither did Tuton last week. I wonder if Vernon might be worth another try for his hold up play?

Anyway, well done to all.

I have to say that in the flashes he has played I'd rather see Hurst up front than Vernon
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
AndyGTFC
September 24, 2016, 5:05pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +795
Gold Stars: 5
Great result, wasn't a particularly good game but can't argue with the win and we're picking up some good wins now. They troubled us a bit in the first 15 minutes and we scored against the run of play but we defended brilliantly to stop them from creating chances afterwards and much more like what we've come to expect from a Paul Hurst side than we've seen so far this season.

Pearson was probably the stand out and Collins was also very solid on his debut.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
Perkins
September 24, 2016, 5:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I just don't get Davies at all, terrific at free kicks, great at blocking as seen today, hopeless when confronted by a nippy winger like today who left him flat footed nearly every time he ran at him. I thought Collins had a great game, directing operations and it's clear to see he has played at a higher level than this. Not a great game, but a great result and a fantastic following.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.