8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
toontown
September 17, 2016, 6:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
We deserved to lose tbh. Crewe were very well organised and passed the ball nicely and closed us down.

Gowling was playing ok until that crazy decision to handball it. Pearson had a strong game defensively but his weakness at distribution was painfully evident on occasions. Summerfield gave away a second goal from a backpass in a few games. everyone was poor really. Changes should have been made before they were, when they came they did offer some livening to the game before it faded once more as crewe saw the game out well. Game was crying out for Disley to replace either of the two central midfielders in my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 73
Garth
September 17, 2016, 6:22pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Jackson and Tuton not up to L2 standard leaving Omar with it all to do.
Disley should have replaced Summerfield second half, as he was having a mare, Vose stuck out on the left while play was concentrated one way down the right, too many passes wasted and long balls punted to Tuton and Jackson to use their pace which was matched by Crew.
We will win well next week because we are inconsistent at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 73
chaos33
September 17, 2016, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
What can I say? It's League 2. It's not the conference, where nearly every team is cr@p. There are some good sides who understand the game, and can pass and press. You turn in a below par showing or make mistakes and you get turned over. That's what happened today. Hope we learn today's lessons.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 73
moosey_club
September 17, 2016, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Credit to Crewe, they did what we did last week to Luton, pressed and stopped us playing and we/Hurst just didnt know what to do.  We barely created a chance and apart from a couple of long range efforts i dont remember their keeper having to earn his wages.
Found wanting when it came to Plan B, Tombola livened us up for a short period but we still didnt create enough to win the game.  Ref didnt help with his pretty poor performance but we cant hide behind that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 73
moosey_club
September 17, 2016, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from chaos33
What can I say? It's League 2. It's not the conference, where nearly every team is cr@p. There are some good sides who understand the game, and can pass and press. You turn in a below pat showing or makes mistakes and you get turned over. That's what happened today. Hope we learn today's lessons.

Spot on, one slack pass today cost us the game, they pounced on it and punished us and from that moment the game looked beyond us.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 73
jimgtfc
September 17, 2016, 6:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Were going to have days like these in this league. We were off the pace and we didn't handle the blustery  conditions well. Mistakes cost us again, Summerfield has been threatening to gift wrap a goal for the opposition all season with wayward passes, Gowling misjudged his header which then meant it was going to his his lofted arm, and some really poor marking/defending let them in for the second. Could Mckeown have done better? I thought so at the time but I'd like to see it again. Having said all that you've got to credit Crewe who looked very solid at the back and had good options going forward with the lively Kiwomya, Lowe and Dagnall. They clearly had a game plan to stop Bogle and it worked, a very frustrating day for Omar. They didn't let us have a sniff going forward and apart from the shot Bogle had first half that was spilt out for the offside Tuton, I don't remember Ben Garrett making a save.

Disappointing day after a good run of form, but the best team won so I'm not too disheartened.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 73
Mariners_15
September 17, 2016, 6:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +17 / -4
Approval: +538
Gold Stars: 1
Too many had off days today but Gowling is one that is worrying me more than the rest. He's looked pretty poor everytime I've seen him this season which is a shame as I thought he was a class above last year. Onto Mansfield but might be worth looking at putting the new centre half in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 73
Maringer
September 17, 2016, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
I thought we were very poor in the first half and thought Crewe looked very good. Second half, I was surprised how ineffective they were in attack and we were a good deal better though without really playing well at any point.

Ultimately, we'd have got at least a point but for the stupid goal conceded at the end of the first half. As it stood, they basically absorbed our attacks relatively comfortably in the second half. We really need to cut out the silly errors. Not convinced we will do so with Summerfield playing. Gowling played pretty well but for that daft handball so that needs to stop as well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 73
mariner91
September 17, 2016, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from Garth
Jackson and Tuton not up to L2 standard leaving Omar with it all to do.

Must have imagined Jackson's game changing/match winning cameo last week and Tuton's unfortunate substitution being the main reason Notts got back into the game then.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 73
Boglesbuttocks
September 17, 2016, 6:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: -50
Cant win them all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.