3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
September 13, 2016, 7:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
The general feeling around Gtfc seems so positive nowadays. The last time I felt this way was 98 are we in for another golden period ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
OllieGTFC
September 13, 2016, 7:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
First time have felt like this since have been watching town play, all have seen is us fall down the leagues, now that's changed hopefully I see the more of the glory days we had here UTM !!

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
ginnywings
September 13, 2016, 7:37am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
I'm certainly enjoying the football more than i have done for years and years. Pre non league and most of non league was dire, with very little skills or excitement on show most games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
1mickylyons
September 13, 2016, 7:41am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Great to be a Town fan Goodness knows we have suffered probably since the day we beat Liverpool 1-2 at Anfield but were on the way back now.Hopefully we can kick on over the next 2-3 years and be looking forward to a new ground etc.What would be a good start is a gate over 5k on Saturday we really need to get bums on seats at home I think the away support looks after itself but we need BP to be a fortress.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
dapperz fun pub
September 13, 2016, 8:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Great to be a Town fan Goodness knows we have suffered probably since the day we beat Liverpool 1-2 at Anfield but were on the way back now.Hopefully we can kick on over the next 2-3 years and be looking forward to a new ground etc.What would be a good start is a gate over 5k on Saturday we really need to get bums on seats at home I think the away support looks after itself but we need BP to be a fortress.UTM

I think we could average 7/8 k with a new stadium week in week out I can only see great times ahead
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
moosey_club
September 13, 2016, 9:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
We are fickle arent we ?

Roll back only a few weeks and there was a consensus building that the club was heading for disaster, Mighty Mariner gate, PR gaffes, no defenders, ground will never be built.....but 7 points out of 9 and its.....we will be in the Premier League before you know it  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
Hertsmariner
September 13, 2016, 9:19am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +695
And to state the obvious, as implied above, it is the home attendances which are vital to the club's wellbeing. GTFC does not benefit financially from its huge away following, though of course the support inspires the team away from BP. I would add that promotion from the Conference came at exactly the right moment, following on from the Operation Promotion money-raising initiative orchestrated by the Trust. In the game of counter-factuals, had we not been promoted at the end of last season after so much enthusiasm in the wake of defeat by Bristol Rovers at Wembley, our decline might well have continued into further obscurity. Thankfully that didn't happen and now we have a terrific opportunity to progress if the home support can be increased further. Right now, I'm enjoying the ride, watching some richly entertaining, and at times, thrilling football. Long may it continue.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
Garth
September 13, 2016, 9:31am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Could have been mid table conference looking up at the Mighty Imps
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
Mariner_09
September 13, 2016, 9:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
I'm sure it was fixed that we took an age to get promoted out that league. Sides like Alfreton and Southport got almost their entire away support revenue from us.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
HertsGTFC
September 13, 2016, 9:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Amazing what happens when we try and get the ball down and try and play some decent stuff.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The general feeling around our club

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.