This thread currently has 20,093 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
September 7, 2016, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Extreme are described as '"unapologetic and bold"'.

I hope they go beyond that and are ruthless in seeing this through once they're on board as I feel that's what may be required.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 115
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 7, 2016, 1:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

Who made you the messenger? You know this won't happen for a fact because of the company involved? You may turn out to be right but FFS, can't we just take this at face value until we know otherwise.

Apparently someone did!

I don't know anything. I am just suggesting to people that they should never take things in the GT at face value especially on something where we have seen hopes built to the sky previously haven't we? Surely we are old and wise enough now after so many disappointments to see through hype aren't we?

Err on the side of caution. Read the company blurb and see that this is their business - hype not concrete. What is being presented today is an exercise to try and get the public onside to the idea and so take the wind out of the sails of Parkway protesters. That's fair enough but don't let's get carried away into thinking this company is any sort of stadium saviour.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 115
Chrisblor
September 7, 2016, 1:36pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 229

Apparently someone did!

I don't know anything. I am just suggesting to people that they should never take things in the GT at face value especially on something where we have seen hopes built to the sky previously haven't we? Surely we are old and wise enough now after so many disappointments to see through hype aren't we?

Err on the side of caution. Read the company blurb and see that this is their business - hype not concrete. What is being presented today is an exercise to try and get the public onside to the idea and so take the wind out of the sails of Parkway protesters. That's fair enough but don't let's get carried away into thinking this company is any sort of stadium saviour.

I've got more confidence in this Extreme lot from the little I know about them than I would have if Fenty was project managing the whole thing, put it that way.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 115
ska face
September 7, 2016, 1:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
This Extreme lot strike me as very "gap yah".
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 115
barralad
September 7, 2016, 1:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121

Apparently someone did!

I'm  happy that we have got people in with far more experience of attracting interest by way of P.R. etc than  could reasonably be expected to be provided by the Board of a fourth tier professional provincial football team. Isn't most of the issue about selling the site to interested parties? I didn't expect them to be wielding trowels. Indeed I hope that job goes to substantially local businesses.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 115
mariner2000
September 7, 2016, 1:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Fair play to Mr Fenty.  Good interview on blunderside
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 75 - 115
ginnywings
September 7, 2016, 1:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537

Apparently someone did!

Yes, we're old enough and wise enough RRFC but i have had a change of stance myself over the last year. I used to think that i would believe a new stadium was happening when i saw them break ground on it.

My instinct now is that i believe it will happen until i see clear evidence that it won't. Disillusioned maybe, but hopeful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 115
marinerjase
September 7, 2016, 2:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,608
Gold Stars: 146
Quoted from barralad

I'm  happy that we have got people in with far more experience of attracting interest by way of P.R. etc than  could reasonably be expected to be provided by the Board of a fourth tier professional provincial football team. Isn't most of the issue about selling the site to interested parties? I didn't expect them to be wielding trowels. Indeed I hope that job goes to substantially local businesses.

Topcon?

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 115
LH
September 7, 2016, 2:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from Green27

Something like Langtree Park would be phenomenal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langtree_Park

Three fish on the "New Pontoon" would look smart if the stand was tall enough to be fair - as would the trawler from the badge along one side.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 115
golfer
September 7, 2016, 2:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
If a new company is formed to run and own this new stadium what will happen to the existing shareholders, and will the LOANS be paid back to those involved. Will we then if this happens require a new board , chairman ," majority shareholder" etc. If it is a new company will existing staff including players be made redundant. As far as companies go nowadays the directors appear to be able to do whatever they like If this is the financial success that is expected who reaps the rewards? I have my guesses .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 115
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Announcement re Stadium

Thread Rating

There have been 2 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.