Jaws
September 9, 2016, 11:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from oldun
We should all bear in mind no plans have been drawn up or submitted for scrutiny yet. So we can only deal with objections in principle. The serious analysis must wait until the planning process takes place. However, much has been said about the proximity to the Crematorium and how detrimental this will be. As one who has the misfortune to visit the crematorium more often these days as family and friends reach the end of the line, may I suggest some positive benefits and opportunities if the stadium is located there.
1 Access to the crematorium is very poor and congested and with forethought the new development can alleviate this.
2 Parking at the crematorium is inadequate despite a recent small extension. Again I see no reason why the stadium parking cannot be done in such a way as to be available for those attending funerals.
3. If good function rooms are incorporated into the plan, I feel sure they would be very well used as venues for wakes following funerals.
All of this would improve the crematorium for users, provide some weekday revenue for the stadium, and make life easier for the local residents. Make the crematorium a "one stop shop " as it were !!!

This
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 141
HertsGTFC
September 10, 2016, 6:34am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Over the last few months I have not got too involved in the ground posts as I never thought JF and "The Boys" would pull it and my dad is a "Nimby with a pitch fork" (line of the week Ginny by far!!!) so I have kept my views to myself.

Also not living in the Town anymore I am not sure I have too much right to comment but as a GTFC fan and season ticket holder from the outside looking in a new stadium within the boundary of the town in a reasonably heavily populated area is a good thing and if the facilities are right and accessible to all then it should be embraced. The last thing we need is to have a ground that sits on a bye pass or industrial estate that only gets visited on match days, what benefit would that be to anyone? Maybe I'm old fashioned but clubs now need to act as hubs within their own communities.

There are lots of examples around the UK where a Sports ground is located near a sensitive location, maybe the club could get some examples/case studies of how people with diverse interests can operate together and actually thrive.As regards the folks who have an allotment well I understand their emotion (my wife had 2 plots in Stevenage for years until ill health meant she had to give them up) as they put a lot of work into their plots for years to get them right so possibly we need to be really clear on where we would re-locate them to and what the club/Extreme Leisure would do to support this?      

My personnel opinion that JF has been mixed over the years and counts for nothing in the scheme of things but I cannot deny and no one else should that of he lands this with a club of our size, no Allam Family, Swan Family etc.. in the background after the 10 years or so we have had this would be something that would go down in the clubs history.

So my final 3 points are.........

1. As GTFC fans we should all be behind this really as it's not the only way this club can progress but its possibly the most constructive.

2. Nothing worth attaining will be easy to get through, we need to fight the "Nay Sayers" head on.

3  And most importantly we just need to make sure that Extreme Leisure have as much to lose as us if this project goes belly up they will always be able to make money to cover losses but the best part of 140 years of football heritage is irreplaceable!      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 141
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Residents meeting regarding stadium

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.