Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Agree about the marking

Not sure about sub choices though

We were killing them with pace so he took Chambers off and brought Berrett on, I like Berrett but he isn't fast. We lose Tuton and gain Vernon again a lose of pace we then bring Disley on for Vose and push Bogle out onto the wing. We should of brought on Bolarinwa to keep pace in the side for either Chambers or Tuton.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 106
ginnywings
September 3, 2016, 4:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
C'mon chaps, that's a good away point if disappointing in the end. Notts deserved an equaliser to be fair. We are still growing into this league and look a little disjointed but the signs are promising. Would have taken that at 3.00 pm.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 106
sonofmadeleymariner
September 3, 2016, 4:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
They only deserved a point because we invited them to apply pressure after a series of poor subs

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 106
Kris2
September 3, 2016, 4:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Mikey
On the balance of the game a draw was probably a fair result

But to have been 2-0 and drop 2 points due to rubbish marking is a pain in bum

They deserved the point they wanted it more in the second half. After the second goal they had all of the ball and we were all over the place. Sick of watching Gowling plod around making mistakes and really didn't need some of those subs at that time. Hurst doesn't make the subs when we need them around 70 minutes and when we don't he decides to make them and remove all our attacking threat. Team responded to that by sitting back and inviting pressure.

Absolutely infuriating to go down like that.
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 106
Japers
September 3, 2016, 4:52pm

ABsaid put it in corner,thought meant top corner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +13
More positives then negatives in that game but if you want to see what good substitutions can do in a game look at how County's made a huge positive impact and ours invited trouble. we defended so well from the front, we needed Tom on i think instead of a player playing out of position.
Learning curve and still a point. remember Macca making good saves he seemed on it today...
draw a fair result in the end,

The boss told me to put it in the corner.....i thought he meant the top corner.
Jim Dobbin after 1-0 victory at Newcastle wonder strike
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 106
promotion plaice
September 3, 2016, 4:52pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Probably would have taken a point before the match anyway...........UTM

Now putting on BT Sport to watch Torquay v Lincoln  just to remind me how far we have come and that we are disappointed to have not taken 3 points at Notts County.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 106
ginnywings
September 3, 2016, 4:53pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
They only deserved a point because we invited them to apply pressure after a series of poor subs

Or they chucked on three subs and went for it, and it worked.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 106
golfer
September 3, 2016, 4:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Gowling made mistake after mistake like he has done. in most games this season. Shouldn't have taken Chambers off They are the only negatives in a very entertaining game. One word sums the finish  " PHEW "
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 106
Mariner_09
September 3, 2016, 5:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,189
Gold Stars: 54
Thought that Vadaine Oliver who we were all worrying about signing and all relieved when he didn't really added something until then Pearson was mopping everything up and winning it everywhere. He won all the headers and ran at us causing all sorts of problems.

Agreed with taking Chambers off he offered little in the second half but should have brought Tombola on, I think if Jackson had been available he'd have come on and given ua more of an outlet but he had a tight thigh apparently so wasn't to be.

I first thought that 2-0 had killed them but as soon as their changes came on we looked vulnerable. Thought Bogle was excellent again and also Pearson, still not sure about Andrew gets caught out of position too often.

As for the referee he gave us nothing, every 50-50 went against us and if that's a penalty then we should have had at least 3. Every time the outstanding Omar got the ball under his spell the pulled and pushed him all over.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 106
Madeleymariner
September 3, 2016, 5:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Some interesting results in Lg 2 not a definate pattern other than we need to score 3 goals to have a chance of winning a game
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.