11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Badger57
September 3, 2016, 5:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
All very well saying ref gave us nothing but the way Bogle makes a meal of EVERYTHING, whinging, whining, throwing his arms up and slamming his fists into the ground,  well....I think it would get on my mammaries too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 106
Teesknees
September 3, 2016, 5:26pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Disappointing to draw, but on the same Saturday last year we won 3-1 at Boreham Wood!

I know whch result I'd rather have!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 106
FishOutOfWater
September 3, 2016, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37

We were killing them with pace so he took Chambers off and brought Berrett on, I like Berrett but he isn't fast. We lose Tuton and gain Vernon again a lose of pace we then bring Disley on for Vose and push Bogle out onto the wing. We should of brought on Bolarinwa to keep pace in the side for either Chambers or Tuton.

The only one that is questionable I would say was taking Chambers off and replacing him with Berrett

Tuton had to go and Dizza coming on wasn't a bad decision with 5 to play

Maybe PH thought we would hold on with Berrett to shore things up....dropping deeper invites pressure though and that "game-plan" and our suspect defence more than the inviduals concerned was the issue for me

You cannot legislate for their first goal - we had a great chance to clear and the new lad Comley's failure to deal with the ball gave them their chance

With one goal back and them coming on to us as they did, it was no surprise we couldn't hold out for the last 10 minutes ( or nearly 20 minutes with the additional time the ref added )

When all's said and done it's our first point on the road so not a totally unproductive afternoon....just could have been that much better if we had a bit more composure in defence
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 102 - 106
gtfc82
September 3, 2016, 5:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Surely it should be clear to Hurst that Berrett is NOT a wide player! With them pushing forward surely a pacy wide player like Bolly would have been better to exploit the space behind! I know that wouldn't have guaranteed the win, but it would have given them something to think about in defence!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 106
oldun
September 3, 2016, 6:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Feels like a defeat and could have been if their guy had stuck the pen away. Sounds like that would have been very lucky for County. Still struggling in defensive areas so down to PH, Doig and the players to continue to work hard as I am sure they will. An experienced organiser, dominant central defender would gave been handy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 106
jonnyboy82
September 3, 2016, 7:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Bolly should have came on for chambers imo not berrett.

The flanks were exposed all day and he would have got us further up the pitch imo in the last ten mins, btw the fans were class again today.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 106
Mrs Doyle
September 3, 2016, 11:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
The subs definitely changed the game we looked a yard slower and unable to hold the ball up front. Consequently they pushed up and controlled the whole of the second half even when boggs scored that was against the run of play.

They totally dominated us the second half hope Hurst learned something in that you need pace up front to prevent defenders from pushing up like they did and putting extra pressure on our vulnerable defence agreed Bolly would have made them defenders think twice it was far to easy for them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 106
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.