Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst post match.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 247 Guests

Hurst post match.

This thread currently has 4,426 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 7:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/freeview-stevenage-reaction-3276224.aspx

Doesn't seem as enamoured about the victory today as the fans do, which shows the mind of a football manager. Thinks we played better last week and we looked a bit shaky first half today. He's probably right but fans forget about all that when the goals are flying in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
August 27, 2016, 8:23pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Results business I'm happy when town win it makes my weekend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
oldun
August 27, 2016, 8:24pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I think he was right. We played really well in several periods of the games. There were other times when we looked scrappy. I agree with his comments about looking nervy early on. However, Paul let's enjoy the good bits, the goals and the 3 points.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
moosey_club
August 27, 2016, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Really pisses me off...

sorry Paul but we didnt play better last week..... we may have passed the ball more last week but we actually created very little of note from all that sideways and backwards passing....we completely dominated Orient but without hardly working their keeper...this week we passed with purpose and intent and as a result could have scored 7/8/9, their keeper made 2/3 excellent saves to deny Summerfield/Bogle , we hit the bar and a couple of chances were snatched at.

and as for "i think the fans applauded but i dont think they realised what they were applauding" ...in reference to Summerfields goal...what a condescending statement that is. Seriously...have some respect for the people that pay your wages...it was a very well worked goal from a team perspective, some lovely interplay and for Summerfield to adjust his body to get the strike off, under pressure, with such accuracy was technically superb.

Not interested in being a manager involved in high scoring games....yawn

He did get around to talking some positives in there but i think that interview is a microcosm of why Hurst just doesnt enamour himself to the supporters very often.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2016, 9:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,878
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ginnywings
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/freeview-stevenage-reaction-3276224.aspx

Doesn't seem as enamoured about the victory today as the fans do, which shows the mind of a football manager. Thinks we played better last week and we looked a bit shaky first half today. He's probably right but fans forget about all that when the goals are flying in.

At 4 - 2 when they attacked I did not feel 100% confident that they would not score again as we look shaky at the back and Macca at time mentally drifts off into outer space, though Andrew was as much to blame for the 2nd as Macca was TBH. However this has been the case for the first few games of the last few seasons. I put it down to the amount of changes we have made close season, we will get meaner on defence.

O.K. PH may or may not be right about the perofrmnace versus last week but this week we scored 5 decent goals and conceeded 2 thats all that matters.      

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Chrisblor
August 27, 2016, 9:26pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,758
Gold Stars: 233
Exactly. I can understand him wanting to play down the performance to keep expectations in check (standard managerial psychology), but the bit about us supporters not understanding the exceptional team play which led to Summerfield's goal was unnecessary and frankly rather patronising. Just not needed after everyone was walking out of Blundell Park happy!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
headingly_mariner
August 27, 2016, 9:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
I really like the stubborn little fornicator. Have to say I think we definatley played better first half last week and thought we really were 2nd best for much of the 1st half today, Bogle was the clear difference first half and our 1 bit of real quality as a team we scored from. Thought we were excellent 2nd half. He never gets carried away either way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Vance Warner
August 27, 2016, 9:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
People looking for a reason to be p1ssed off with the manager after an emphatic home win. Unbelievable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
acko338
August 27, 2016, 10:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
I hope he is happy with 5 goals at home but still unhappy with 2 against.

Still need a quality high level centre back - another Nathan Pond would be good.

Vast improvement - result wise, but still more needed..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
jamesgtfc
August 27, 2016, 10:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Hurst was a defender and we conceded another 2 goals today. You don't concede, you don't lose so I understand why he isn't as delighted as we maybe expect.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst post match.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.