4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
August 27, 2016, 6:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
I hope now people can stopping moaning how we should have done more to keep Amond.
In an ideal world we would have like Amond to stay, but HE decided to move on.
Bogle was the one who has the potential to play at a higher level, that's why he was given a three contract.

Yes Amond scored a bag full of goals last season, but when we needed a player to step up at Braintree and Wembley it was Bogle.

Today's performance by Bogle was awesome scoring three, two assists, but his all round game was top notch.  Towards the end at 4-2 Town had a throwing near the corner flag (Harrington St end) and Bogle was telling his team mates to close the Stevenage player down so they was no easy throwing to the keeper, after he had scored his third making 5-2 I saw Bogle tell Ben Davies to go back to the halfway line.

Bogle is a confidence player and hopefully that performance will kick start his season and Town's, I would take Bogle over Amond any day, only time will tell.
Logged Online
Private Message
Kris2
August 27, 2016, 6:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
I don't care about Amond and what he's doing now he doesn't play for us. Better to focus on who does play for us. Bogle gave probably his best performance ever and that's all I want to talk about.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
jonnyboy82
August 27, 2016, 6:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Bogle carried amond.

Ok maybe thats a bit much but bogle scores all different goals and creates so much more were as amond likes the five yards out tap ins.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 6:16pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from The Yard Dog
I hope now people can stopping moaning how we should have done more to keep Amond.
In an ideal world we would have like Amond to stay, but HE decided to move on.
Bogle was the one who has the potential to play at a higher level, that's why he was given a three contract.

Yes Amond scored a bag full of goals last season, but when we needed a player to step up at Braintree and Wembley it was Bogle.

Today's performance by Bogle was awesome scoring three, two assists, but his all round game was top notch.  Towards the end at 4-2 Town had a throwing near the corner flag (Harrington St end) and Bogle was telling his team mates to close the Stevenage player down so they was no easy throwing to the keeper, after he had scored his third making 5-2 I saw Bogle tell Ben Davies to go back to the halfway line.

Bogle is a confidence player and hopefully that performance will kick start his season and Town's, I would take Bogle over Amond any day, only time will tell.

Yeah, we noticed that. Looks like a player who now believes in himself and that he is a senior pro in the team. Sometimes it just takes that mental adjustment that you belong in the team and the league you are in. You could see the confidence in his play today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 27, 2016, 7:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
A different league and there is no standard to judge against.

He will always be fondly remembered for helping us get promotion though

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
marinerjase
August 27, 2016, 7:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,608
Gold Stars: 146
Before this becomes an Amond slating thread, don't forget what Amond contributed to getting us up, nor his help with Bogle. I recall many a time pre xmas he had an arm round his shoulder, constant encouragement etc. Bogle is a completely different type of player to Amond- thrives on confidence and on his day offers everything, not just goals- as he did today. We had the season of Amond's life. Thankfully. Anyway..as others have said..don't forget but just concern ourselves with what we have. Hopefully Omar can stay positive,  massive potential.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
topuphere666
August 27, 2016, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
2 different type of players. Pointless comparing when Amond has moved on!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
Mariner Ronnie
August 27, 2016, 7:54pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.81
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Anybody else see toto's sending off earlier? 😂😂😂😂

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
jonnyboy82
August 27, 2016, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Bet he blames the fans.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
HertsGTFC
August 27, 2016, 8:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
Based  upon today I thought Omar was excellent, best all round game in a Town shirt by a mile and I include Wembley in that.

Comparison to Podge? Pointless to be honest as last year was at a lower level and Podge is an experienced striker in lower league football, Omar on the other hand is player who is still learning but has massive potential.

Be careful though as at this stage of his development he will not perform every week like he did today, when he does we may have to accept some big money for him.

Noticed Toto got his marching orders today........... Pace isn't everything.            

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bogle v Amond

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.