Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 328 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 13,308 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 27, 2016, 5:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Any nonsense about this side not being as good as last seasons is firmly put to bed today. As good an attacking display of football as i have seen for many a season and Bogle was unplayable. A 10/10 performance that will have scouts driving to BP if h keeps that up. Scored three, made two, hit the bar with a piledriver and they simply couldn't handle him. The confidence was flowing through him.

Vose was a bag of tricks and scored possibly the goal of the game but that's difficult to judge because they were all fantastic. As an attacking unit, we were unstoppable. The back line is still a worry though and McKeown didn't cover himself in glory. At fault for both goals, especially the second and he is making the defence jittery IMO.

Some excellent performances today but the team as a whole just clicked going forward and we got the goals we deserved last week. Still not seen anything to worry about in this league and i'm still confident we will do well. Even more so after today. Need to stop shipping goals though and that's the only blot from today.

The best standard of football i have seen at BP for years and years. We have some very good players. Onward and upward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Freemoash88
August 27, 2016, 5:32pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Couldn't of put it better myself ginnywings. Full agreement with everything.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 78
jonnyboy82
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I agree 100% about bogle he was awesome and vose shut that clown up behind me with his display today, a mention for summerfield though for me he was on his game today.

Defence centrally still concerns me though as most of our errors have come from them but the attack got them out of jail.

Some quality additions this week and who knows were we will end up.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 78
golfer
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
I was going to give my views on the match but now I dont have to. You took every word out of my mouth Ginny. I agree on everything you said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 78
Grim74
August 27, 2016, 5:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Totally agree that has showed the doubters this team can compete at this level including myself well done town! Bogle was absolute class today hope he can keep it up, as for the team it was a performance we have been waiting for and this season could well turn out to be a promising one.

Minor gripe as been mentioned above Mckeown clearly needs someone to challenge him he's not looking the safe pair pair of hands we have become used to hopefully just a blip.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 78
Mariner Ronnie
August 27, 2016, 5:41pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Is this team better than last season? - yes
Is this the finished product? No
Still more to come? - yes
Omar bogle top scorer of the season? - yes
Ben Davis player of the season? - yes
Is Ronnie Henry still a twit? - yes
We're the fans magnificent today? - yes

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 78
Freemoash88
August 27, 2016, 5:42pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
I'll like to add Gowling has been impressive in the opening few games him and Shaun should start to perform a good partnership again given time. Andrew Boyce IMO is far to slow and should be considered backup.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 78
Marinerz93
August 27, 2016, 5:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Top draw stuff today, great effort lads, let's Brasil our way to the top 3.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 78
bluerose13x
August 27, 2016, 5:45pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323
To put it bluntly, we did very well against a poor Stevenage team, which had its fair amount of talent but looked disappointing. If I was a betting man I'd consider putting 50p on them being in the mix for relegation.

I still have concerns about our defence which I would describe as poor, error & mistake prone. Their 1st goal, just like at Derby, we let them score at the far post from a set piece, totally avoidable. Something to work on, prob in my book we need a couple of decent defenders to be brought in before deadline day.

But having said that we did play really really well today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 78
moosey_club
August 27, 2016, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
a better balanced team gave us outlets down both sides today which in my opinion made all the difference.
Some cracking goals, some cracking saves from their keeper as well ,eventually, as he hardly blinked at the first 4 !!

And probably for the first time i fully agreed with Hursts substitutions, very good of him to give Bogle the standing ovation substitution.

Still a little bit open at the back early doors with Gowling taking his turn to have a shaky game and i just wish we would have kept up the momentum at 4-1 as who knows what we could have ended up with.

Final word to Omar...cracking display from the off....after he had crumpled their defenders in the first few minutes you could see he was up for this one.  Dont think i saw a single "hands to the face in disappointment look" from him all day, when he lost the ball he made it his job to chase it back down...fantastic stuff and the third goal was a peach to snatch a much deserved hat trick.  On that show..Padraig who??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 78
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.