Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this team really better than last seasons?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 137 Guests

Is this team really better than last seasons?

This thread currently has 11,104 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Freemoash88
August 20, 2016, 9:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from jock dock tower
Welcome to warped inner mind of Fishy followers.

Four games in and the doom mongers are having a field day. Technical problems take time to smooth out, and guaranteeed success is not always on the cards, but it's a marathon not a sprint. Still expect them to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. We did clinically take apart the team who are top of the table in the first game, and it will come good again. Give it time ffs.

Well said!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 77
OllieGTFC
August 20, 2016, 9:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
No way am I worried at this point, rather get this form out the way with now then start picking the results up in fairness you don't miss amond we are still scoring goals just toto and Nolan we are missing personally, and I think we are missing Mcallister in front of the back four tbh

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 77
Cloudy
August 20, 2016, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 139914
Strange really, Nolan slated by former clubs fans yet he was excellent for us.  Trouble with loans are that they put players in the shop window.  You either take a gamble after a couple of games or risk losing them if they do well.  He was never our player, we helped him and he helped us.  Let's move on.

Nolan wasn't a loanee was he? I thought he signed a deal until the end of the season.

You risk losing every player because their contracts expire
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 77
HertsGTFC
August 20, 2016, 9:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,882
Gold Stars: 225
So many of new comers have disappointed it begs the question

Better than last season? Yes, but incomplete to hold their own at this level.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 77
jaygy
August 20, 2016, 9:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
We can't really answer this question until after the transfer window closes can we? The squad/team isn't a finished article yet and at this point last season we hadn't made the best start either and didn't have players like Nolan in the squad. IMO hurst has replaced certain individuals with better quality but then others he hasn't yet replaced.

Ask the question again in a few weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 77
Grimbiggs
August 20, 2016, 9:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Apart from one or two players, this team WILL eventually be better than last seasons, they just need time to gel. Cheltenham won the league by about 15 points last season, and have kept nearly all the same players, and have hardly been pulling up any trees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 77
louth_in_the_south
August 20, 2016, 10:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,638
Gold Stars: 94
I've only seen us once at Wycombe but it was clear that day hurst is going to have to be given more £ to improve his first choice 11 because we're going to need more quality , 2 decent CMs are a must because berrett and summerfield look players who got relegated cos they weren't good enough .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 77
Mariner_09
August 20, 2016, 11:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Berrett looks wasted out wide to me, needs to play central midfield with someone who can sit, I could see McAllister and Berrett working well together, Kayden and Omar look like they could work together but we are in serious need of some pace or football league experience defensively, someone to partner Pearson.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 77
Rick12
August 21, 2016, 12:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I'm not worried at all, from what I've seen we have the nucleus of a good team but we do need a couple of additions though, it's early days and we will improve and adapt, just give it time.
Its gutting though when you see the mistakes that cost us today on the ch 5 football show.Hopefully this is will be nipped in the bud and it wont happen to often

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 77
Mariner Ronnie
August 21, 2016, 1:28am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 139914
People on the dole shouldn't have the money for takeaways, alcohol, cigarettes etc.  Besides, how's the carpentry trade holding up?  

I hope this board isn't becoming communist

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this team really better than last seasons?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.