Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this team really better than last seasons?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 256 Guests

Is this team really better than last seasons?

This thread currently has 11,130 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
August 20, 2016, 5:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Absolutely not! nothing I have seen so far tells me anything other than relegation battle, last seasons team would of been mid table comfortably.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 77
chaos33
August 20, 2016, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
It's very early to say but probably agree with Vinno. A bottom half campaign seems most likely. I think we are short of quality in key positions, have too many conference standard players, too many from a dismal York team of recent seasons, not enough winners, and, as usual, are perpetually short of a striker, which is wearing very thin now. And, we're defending like amateurs.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 77
KingstonMariner
August 20, 2016, 5:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jock dock tower
Welcome to warped inner mind of Fishy followers.

Four games in and the doom mongers are having a field day. Technical problems take time to smooth out, and guaranteeed success is not always on the cards, but it's a marathon not a sprint. Still expect them to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. We did clinically take apart the team who are top of the table in the first game, and it will come good again. Give it time ffs.

Didn't see today's game, but was at the 3 first League games and it just looks like we have a few defensive weaknesses* to resolve and we'll be OK. Whilst I didn't think it looked brilliant against Morecambe by any means, they didn't pose us any problems yet they're currently top.

* the sort of lapses that Toto was prone to.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 77
Golden fox
August 20, 2016, 5:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +339
I think a better question ; Is the gap between the conference and league 2 bigger than what most thaught ? On the evidence of Cheltenhams and our start you would have to say yes . I can't see Podge scoring more than 10 in league two this season and I think we needed (need) a better quality of goalscoring striker than him or what we have in the building . Get the right transfers in and we should be fine (Mobile CB, CM and goalscorer) , don't and it could be a difficult season . UTMM Fox
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 77
Grim74
August 20, 2016, 5:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Golden fox
I think a better question ; Is the gap between the conference and league 2 bigger than what most thaught ? On the evidence of Cheltenhams and our start you would have to say yes . I can't see Podge scoring more than 10 in league two this season and I think we needed (need) a better quality of goalscoring striker than him or what we have in the building . Get the right transfers in and we should be fine (Mobile CB, CM and goalscorer) , don't and it could be a difficult season . UTMM Fox

Bristol rovers didn't seem struggle yet they looked average against us the season before

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 77
oldun
August 20, 2016, 5:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from Grim74

Bristol rovers didn't seem struggle yet they looked average against us the season before

They certainly did struggle in the early part of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 77
fleabag1970
August 20, 2016, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Nope......... Arnold , Totes , Tait and Clay could walk into this team any time

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 77
cmackenzie4
August 20, 2016, 5:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
I'm not worried at all, from what I've seen we have the nucleus of a good team but we do need a couple of additions though, it's early days and we will improve and adapt, just give it time.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 77
ginnywings
August 20, 2016, 5:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fleabag1970

Would they fook. Clay was and is average. Davies is better than Tait, though i was a big fan of Tait. Chambers looks to be on a par with Arnold and Toto i agree with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 77
Cloudy
August 20, 2016, 5:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from fleabag1970

Hahaha WUM!

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is this team really better than last seasons?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.